rear end?

For your YJ? I recommend the Ford 8.8 from a '95+ Explorer, very common and pretty easily found with most gear ratios common to Wranglers.

I would not spend any money on a 35. since you have to get another axle, get a diff one. The 35,s are very very weak.

Go with the 8.8 I beat the living heck out if my yj. Running 36x13.50 cheap and easy swap. Got one from a 2000 explorer with lsd discs and matching 410s for 200 bucks

With a stock Dana 35 rear end couldn't you just pull the axles off and throw in the 44's? Or is the assembly itself what needs to be upgraded. I'm guessing the only difference between the 35 stock rear end and the 44 stock rear end is just the axles?

If your looking to run bigger tires for a YJ go with the ford 8 swap, it's cheaper than D44 or upgrading that D35 to Super 35.

With a stock Dana 35 rear end couldn't you just pull the axles off and throw in the 44's? Or is the assembly itself what needs to be upgraded. I'm guessing the only difference between the 35 stock rear end and the 44 stock rear end is just the axles?

D44 can be upgraded to 35 spline shafts, most come with disc brakes, larger ring and pinion. D35 has more groin clearance but is weaker because of the ring and pinion and 27 spline shafts. You can upgrade the D35 to a Super 35 which is as strong a a D44 and can easily handle 33's.

I was just gonna run 44's in my stock 30,35( can't exactly remember)

Back