YJ hardtop and all the fixins, $700

defmornahan

For sale is one black YJ hardtop with black and brown full doors, along with my fabbed lift and hardtop cart.

I'm not sure how old the top is, but I think late 80s. Normal amount of wear for a top that old. I drove with it on the Jeep for about a year and have no complaints. All glass intact and the lift door opens and closes just fine. The latch has no lock and is rusted in place (open). I don't know if the defroster would work since I don't have the electrical connector for it on my Jeep, plus one of the top-to-glass connectors is sheared off (not a difficult fix, happy to give you two spade terminals if you like).

The doors are a little rougher than the top, but the main windows roll up and down fine. The driver's side vent window is loose and tends to slip off its post. Not sure how to fix that; the PO had the vent window siliconed shut. Passenger side vent window works like a charm. Locks work, but I had to get the lock cylinders from a salvage yard in CA (to get the crank that attaches to the back) and of course they sent no keys. I assume the cylinders do not match. You'd probably best be served to get new cylinders if you want working locks. I had some trouble finding the right cylinders--you'll want to check what you get against what is already there. Jeep side mirrors, newly installed.

I made a lift from some 2x4s, a big fat rope, and four pulleys. (Didn't know pulleys were that expensive.) It works like a charm; I'd be happy to demonstrate. I made a cart from some spare lumber, a generous quantity of braces, and four stout wheeled furniture casters. It works better than I expected.

$700 for the lot. Can negotiate if you don't want this or that. I have more pictures if you need them. I live on the south side of Indianapolis. Cell is (nevertheless...) 574 386 1482.

Attachments

• 100_2940.jpg
    100_2940.jpg
    743.4 KB · Views: 345
  • 100_2943.jpg
    100_2943.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 197
  • 100_2946.jpg
    100_2946.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 191
  • 100_2948.jpg
    100_2948.jpg
    799.6 KB · Views: 290
  • 100_2949.jpg
    100_2949.jpg
    769.7 KB · Views: 160

Ah, but:
1) There's a job in Chicago.
2) Sometimes it even rains there.

Have you sold this yet? How much to ship to South Texas? 78586?

I need a hard top, may be moving to Canada (job relo) and I don't think the soft top will survive a Canadian winter, not when it is used to Hot and Humid.

I can PayPal and the account is verified.

Newbie, found your ad when searching on Google

YJ hardtop and cart, $525

Found a buyer for the doors and lift. Still have the hardtop and cart. I also used some PB Blaster and a pipe wrench and got the latch loose. It's spring loaded and works pretty well now. Again, it has no lock. The electrical connectors on the lift supports are still sheared off. It may take some welding or some new supports ($28 each, #55400.100 on Quadratec) to get the defroster working.

Attachments

• 100_2952.jpg
    100_2952.jpg
    639.1 KB · Views: 432
  • 100_2953.jpg
    100_2953.jpg
    536.6 KB · Views: 1,717

Re: YJ hardtop, $475

Still have the hardtop and cart, asking $475. Winter's coming, just saying...

Back