wanted hard top cj5 1970-1975

moonbeam

Looking for an after market hard top fiberglass or metal for a jeep cj5 1970 I know up to the year 1975 will fit. I am in the mile high city if anyone knows someone trying to sell theirs I am interested. thanks
icon_smile.gif

You posted on my hardtop for sale thread. I was wondering what your thoughts are or how far you were willing to travel. Maybe you had the right idea on shipping the top. I tried to do some math, and even if I met you half way between denver, CO and carol stream, IL it would cost me almost $300 in gas with my pig of a jeep.

I tell you what, if you want to pay shipping, I can drop the top off at the shipper of your choice. I will sell for $300 to offset some of the cost.

Let me do some more research. Thanks
I have been looking for a top since my grandparents sold the original can't believe they did that.

How many pieces does the top break down into and the measurement of the largest piece. thanks:)

Here are the dimensions you asked for. Largest piece is the roof section and it is 62" by 65". You can see in my for sale post the number of pieces. Second largest, and heaviest are the doors. I think there are pallets that are 72" by 48". This could work if the pallet was customized so all the pieces stood up. I think glass can not lay flat for shipping or it will break. Wish I had a cheap way to deliver it...

If I could convince my wife to vacation/camp in Colorado, and could rig the top to fit my 79 CJ5, I could deliver it the first week of September. I have 5 days off over labor day weekend.

Moonbeam,
I have a hardtop for a 1970 CJ-5 that is currently listed on craigslist (Denver). If you search for "1292488271", you'll find the listing.

I'm out of Grand Junction, but I usually end up in Denver at least once a month to visit family...I could bring it with me.

This site doesn't let you do anything on the forums. I attached a pic of the top...it is still currently attached to my Jeep. Comes with the hardware and door hinges.

curtcanada

Attachments

• Back Passenger Side.jpg
    Back Passenger Side.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 9,462
curtcanada I did email you but think I was too late. :(

hey your jeep is the same color as mine wonder if you know my uncle.

Last edited:

jd11oboy I am still looking into the shipping. I really do like the hardtop. I am sorry I did not get back with you sooner Qwest disconnected my service by accident during a server malfunction it took a week to fix. I am still looking into shipping prices thanks for the measurements and weight.

You would love Colorado right now this is the most rain we have gotten in years and the wild flowers are beautiful. Cool night about 50-60 degrees no air conditioning needed. :D

You really can't do anything on this website as a newbie I took the listing off of craigslist until hunting season starts up, and the weather cools down out here in the desert. Let me know if you're still interested, and we can figure it out. I'm actually heading to Denver tomorrow afternoon...if you get a chance, throw an e-mail my way through craigslist (I'll post the hardtop under Denver)...

I still have the hardtop if interested. I got shot down on vacationing in Colorado. My wife refuses to waste 2 days of our 5 day weekend driving. I told her we have to visit if we are ever gonna decide to move there, but no luck.

jd110boy It looks like I can get the top you are close enough for my parents to pick it up. My mom wants a zipdee awning and you are on the way.

Plan B would be to meet them in Portage. My parents live in Detroit and they could bring ti to me next summer.
Shipping was going to be a thousand dollars.

Wondered if you were still willing to negotiate on the price.

I hope this will work for you I am so excited.

I will let you know when they are thinking of coming. thanks so much for your patients.:D

Does anyone still have a CJ-5 Hard top that they are willing to part with?

Jon,
Since the last post, I've removed it from the CJ-5, and temporarily placed it on my "other" 1970 CJ-5...it fits perfectly. Asking $800.00. Let me know if you're interested.

Back