Trade my 1979 cj7 for your car

Dr3amline

I have a 1979 cj7 258 4.2 I6 quadratrac that runs beautiful.it is a project that needs work I just replaced ball joints, main seal, radiator, steering box and the list goes on. The reason I am selling it is that I am in school and just cannot afford fuel, as u know jeepz do not get good gas milage. I will trade even up for a car that gets more than 20 mpg. It doesn't matter what the condition on the outside so much but it has to be mechanically sound and able to pass virginia inspection I live in southeast virginia I'll post pics. If you have any questions you can call me @ 414-737-5042

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110427_075318.png
    ForumRunner_20110427_075318.png
    463.1 KB · Views: 717
  • ForumRunner_20110427_075428.png
    ForumRunner_20110427_075428.png
    518.3 KB · Views: 931

Keep the jeep, you'll never forgive yourself if you let it go! Looks great.. just park it for now, look around, you can find something affordable to get by with, or ride with someone when you can, or get someone to ride/share expense with you.. but KEEP the JEEP.. get rid of the dog on the hood and hang a set of cowbells under the front end, that will get you some better mileage for now..

I agree. I know what its like to need better gas mileage and all, but damn!! That thing is SWEET! I had a old 79 step side chevy 4X4 that I had completely restored myself. White oak bed, mags, custom made interior...the whole lot. Got in a bind, and sold it. I look at the pictures now, and just wanna curl up in a corner and suck on my thumb for a while. Now, I can think of so many other ways that I could have gotten by without selling that beautiful machine.... all im saying is: you will regret it.

I have a 1979 cj7 258 4.2 I6 quadratrac that runs beautiful.it is a project that needs work I just replaced ball joints, main seal, radiator, steering box and the list goes on. The reason I am selling it is that I am in school and just cannot afford fuel, as u know jeepz do not get good gas milage. I will trade even up for a car that gets more than 20 mpg. It doesn't matter what the condition on the outside so much but it has to be mechanically sound and able to pass virginia inspection I live in southeast virginia I'll post pics. If you have any questions you can call me @ 414-737-5042

All I have to trade is this 81 Corvette....i don't think it meets your gas mileage criteria though :(

Attachments

• 100_0796.JPG
    100_0796.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 741

I'll trade, I'll trade.... actually,no I wouldn't.. been there, that brings up some of those "damn" it moments.. like 1959 Corvette, sold.. 1962 Corvette, stolen... 1936 Ford P.U. , sold ... 1966 Olds 425" custom... gone but not forgotten.. 1962 Ford Fairlane 500 Sport 289HiPo.... ? 1975 CJ-5 tricked.. gone.... 1979 CJ-5 401 turbo charged, sold in Colorado... and on and on.. sick isn't it.. from now on, I'm building a bigger garage/shop, and putting everything up on blocks with a cover on them.. save for later rides..

I appreciate all the words of encouragement guys but really i can not afford it. I have to put my priorities in order. School is very important to me as I am 45 years old. I am working part time at school and really just can't afford her anymore. when i graduate maybe I will buy one of your jeeps lol

Keep the Jeep. Many of my teachers either ride their bikes or little mopeds to school. It's way cheeper on gas and you get to keep the Jeep!

Back