1998 XJ Hesco stroker, Dana "Super" 44

Poop3000

BUILT 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ Sport. A one-owner vehicle, this Jeep has been my daily commuter for 13 years. As a tow vehicle, offroad adventurer or traffic warrior, this vehicle shines inside and out.

Engine: Hesco-built stroker (Google them, they're famous for their Jeep and racing engines, and have been a Chrysler R&D facility for years), 4.6 liter, aluminum head, roller rockers, RVOB cam, forged pistons, K&N intake, oversized injectors, all stainless exhaust from Borla header to Gibson cat-back, "free-flowing" catalytic converter, heavy duty high density radiator (avail. from factory with tow package), trick oil conditioner unit that warms/cools oil via engine coolant system. This engine produces a broad torque curve that will put those V8s to shame.

Drivetrain: Stock AW-4 automatic transmission, NP 242 "Selec-Trac" transfer case (with 2wd-4wd high-4wd low-and selectable "full time 4wd", great feature in snow between cleared and uncleared roads, no need to shift back and forth), custom-built driveshafts by Gregories, bombproof Dana 44 rear end from Jeep Cherokee XJ donor, built with Superior "Super 44" 33-spline axles and Detroit locker, 4.10 gears front and rear, 15" x 8" chromed steel wheels on factory bolt pattern, brand new 32 inch Maxxis Bighorn tires.

Suspension: 6 inches total lift, based on 3" Pro Comp suspension, with added ACOS front adjustable coil-over spacers, custom rear spring packs with added leaf springs for greater load capacity, 1" custom transfer case drop, Bilstein gas-powered shocks.

Factory tow package includes aforementioned radiator, trans cooler and factory hitch mount. Drop hitch also included, and professionally-installed trailer brake control.

Other options, accessories, goodies:

Yakima roof rack with 4 yakima bike trays
IPF H4 headlight conversion with powerful "Magic J-Beam" halogen bulbs (much brighter than stock, but still legal)
Pioneer stereo/CD/MP3 with two remotes, one mounted on steering wheel
8 speaker system with 2 12" subwoofers
Two amps
Beautifully kept interior, cloth seats, non-smoker, even smells good.
Optional overhead console with trip computer, compass, 2nd trip odometer
Extra power outlet
Cross drilled front brake rotors, better stopping with much longer brake pad life
Factory tint
Rear window wiper
Power driver seat, power windows, power locks, power mirrors
No engine codes
Clean/new inspection
Carfax provided.

757-630-8974

Last edited:

okay i think it'll allow me to post pics now. here goes:

Attachments

• jeep1.jpg
    jeep1.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 813
  • jeep2.jpg
    jeep2.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 2,788
  • jeep3.jpg
    jeep3.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 2,048
  • jeep4.jpg
    jeep4.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 572
  • jeep6.jpg
    jeep6.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 1,405
um, sorry about the price. forgot to list it!

this jeep can be yours for $8,899.00. one drive in this thing and everything else will feel so slow and gimpy.

also forgot the quick disconnect front swaybar links.

any of you who've ever experienced inline 6 stroker power, feel free to chime in and spread the gospel.

if i was gonna do any kind of trades, it would be a muscle car or a chop. but i'm not. thanks for the interest, though!

if i didn't have to have the cash, i wouldn't be selling this thing. i feel like i've taken too much care of it just to hand it off to someone after thirteen years.

O.K , It looks like you have taken very good care of that jeep.I to need to sell a vehicle i really dont want to.It is a 1975 SS NOVA It has a 400Small block in it.I ran it at the track in street trim and turned a 12:70 in the Quarter mile.It would have done better but it likes to spin off the line so i had to baby it to get the 12:70 ET.Anyway good luck selling it.

Thanks Mate,
but it's way over my budget.... Looking for a weekend toy only,
What would be your final walk away price?

thanks for your interest, asif. if it's way over your budget, i'm not going to be able to bring it down to your budget. i might be able to work out something where i'd keep the subwoofers and the amp for them, but that wouldn't help you out if it's that far out of your budget.

might have to do without a stroker for a while. this is actually a great bargain for the equipment. sorry i couldn't better accommodate your wishes.

it's been a crazy holiday season giving test drives and dealing with potential buyers. one kid--no kidding--racked up over 100 texts back and forth between december 23rd and 26th, including christmas day, only to decide he didn't need to buy something now because the bank would only approve him for less than a third of the agreed price. i couldn't make this up.

anyway, several have told me that they would have to get tax refund money together before they could purchase, so the time be nigh for this ordeal to end. i've enjoyed giving the test drives and putting mile-wide smiles on everyone's faces. and the feedback has been the same EVERY time: "WOW, i had no idea i'd ever feel that much power in a jeep!" and "very clean, well cared for."

both of which put a smile back on my face, and make me proud of what i've put together.

but after 13 years of building and driving and improving and spending, the time has come to let somebody else have that smile for their own. so guys (gals!), get your tax money straight before someone else does the same. whoever does will walk away with a GREAT deal on a rig you couldn't build for TWICE as much. and this rig wasn't just built for power, or looks: it's also built for UTILITY and RELIABILITY.

so please take a moment to learn why this jeep will perform her ass off, will continue to do so for hundreds of thousands of miles, and why she's such a good deal at the price offered. thanks!

Back