Adjustable lower control arms for a TJ / XJ

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
These are Rough Country X-Flex adjustable lower control arms for a TJ or XJ. I had them on my Jeep for about 30K miles. After about 20K miles I upgraded the joints to real Currie Johnny Joints. I'm including both the original X-Flex and the new Johnny Joints (installed). I removed them because I replaced all my control arms.

$100 including shipping anywhere in the continental US.

IMG_3044_rough-country-control-arms.JPG

This is part 1190 from their site:
Jeep X-Flex Adjustable Control Arms

how did the jeep ride with these arms? my jeep has a RC 4" lift with fixed tubular lower control arms (typw with the bend in them), the bushings are toast was just going to try to replace them but then saw these and thought they wold be a good upgrade. But i dont want the straight arms to make the ride a ton worse.

These are Rough Country X-Flex adjustable lower control arms for a TJ or XJ. I had them on my Jeep for about 30K miles. After about 20K miles I upgraded the joints to real Currie Johnny Joints. I'm including both the original X-Flex and the new Johnny Joints (installed). I removed them because I replaced all my control arms.

$100 including shipping anywhere in the continental US.

View attachment 17803

This is part 1190 from their site:
Jeep X-Flex Adjustable Control Arms

It rode fine. I was chasing a wobble in my front end, and decided to replace these (they weren't the problem). These are pretty beefy, and the currie johnny joints themselves cost something like $100. I paid $280 + shipping for this stuff.

I haven't heard of straight arms making the right worse. The kit I replaced everything with has straight arms and it rides fine.

Back