muddin tires and/or 3 inch lift kit

drweber

Insurance

got a jeep and tires aint doin the job....need bigger bader muddin tires along with a lift kit too boot. can be new or used tires. hopin not to spend much over 600-700 bucks

Welcome to the board and to get the info you seem to be asking let us know more about you Jeep. CJ YJ TJ XC ect Year motor transmission ect. What do you plan to do with it and then we might be able to help a little better. As for the tires you will have enough money sounds like now lets just match tires to jeep and style of jeepen you are planning to do. Luck tug

600 to 700 hundred for BOTH tires AND lift ?....or just one or the other. Tires not much good without the lift. LOL

Rob 8) :p :)

its a 91 jeep wrangler S/YJ 4 wheel drive 2.5L 4cylinder....looking for tires to take off roading/muddin but no serious climbing....i live in florida :wink: would need to take on highway from time to time....used are acceptable....also looking for a lift kit of probably 3"

1.5" add-a-leaf = $50 for a set of YJ front springs
1" body lift = $25 for 11 hockey pucks and grade 8 bolts
TJ fender flares = $50 to $100

This is the lift I've had on for a few years, no problems and no driveline or steering modifications needed. I can clear 32" tires with around $125 in cost.

Check out some good inexpensive tires at Hi-Tec :D

Tires from Tirerack.com
31X11.5SR15 C Kumho Venture AT 825 Outlined White Letters

In Stock $79.00 $395.00/4 (Before shipping and Excise tax.)

Hey bounty, a quick coule of q's for you please, 1 where can i get the add a leafs for 50.00? 2 Are different shocks needed, 3 When I turn sharply,31's almost hit my springs, for 32's are spacers used. Thanks bro.

Rich, pick up a set of used YJ front springs for $50 or less. This will make all 4 of your add-a-leafs and you're guaranteed the same spring rate all the way around. Use the top two leaves of each pack, cutting the eyes from the main leaf.

You can use the same shock, it only adds about 1.5" to your stock springs.

I'm using 32"x11.5" BFG MT on stock 15x7 5-spoke stock steel wheels, they rub the springs a little but not too bad. Aftermarket wheels with less backspacing is the best fix. I may get four 1" spacers someday cuz I wanna keep these stock wheels, great protection of the valve stem, I've seen them all to often ripped off other rims.

Back