'48 CJ2A parts FS...

WRMorrison

RE: Re: RE: the end of my world...

I had planned on a full restoration of my '2A, but after digging in deeper I realized that my flattie would be WAY too expensive to restore correctly. And, since I absolutely refuse to do it "half-arsed", I'm selling most of the major components to fund the other parts I need for my 2nd choice buildup (DD + moderate rockcrawler!). Here's what I've got:

L-134 engine: runs great (drove it into my driveway when I bought it, then promptly yanked it out...lol), aftermarket aircleaner (original long gone), missing oil filter cannister and brackets, no generator or starter (currently rebuilding them, but will be for sale later), otherwise complete. Also includes a good condition flywheel. $250.00

T90 transmission: works just fine, includes a good clutch assy/throwout bearing, etc. $150.00

original front and rear axles (Spicer 25 front and 41 rear): good condition. Backing plates/cam bolts/hubs/wheel cylinders/diff covers have been beadblasted and painted. One wheel cylinder (front 1" bore) will need to be replaced and the other three just need rebuilt. geared 5.38:1 (the only ratio available), and has original ratio tags. Original drums are included (not sure if they're good or not, but look OK to me), but they have been separated from the hubs (aka no wheel studs or lug nuts). Also inludes original leaf springs, "U" shackle bolts, spring pads, u-bolts, etc. Basically everything from the frame brackets down. Also inluded are all attached steering links (tie rods and such). Also includes four wheels and tires (I'm sure they're not original - 15"), tires are dry rotted, but hold air and are good enough for rolling around the yard or whatever. $300.00

brake master cylinder: excellent shape, has been beadblasted and primed, includes cap, bolt, "V" brass line fitting, two washers and Ford script brakelight switch (not sure if it works or not). Is disassembled, needs rebuilt (rebuild kits available for under $15.00) $10.00

I'm sure more parts will be available later as well (as I progress with the project). The prices above do not include shipping, and the larger items are for local pickup only at this time (I may, in the future, ship the large items, but don't have time right now to properly crate them up). All items are located in Mesa, AZ 85208. I'm also open to trades. Here are some of the items I'm looking for:

good running Chevy V6 (preferrably 4.3L, but whatever, you never know)
good saginaw power steering box
YJ wrangler stock leaf springs (preferrably 4 rears, but whatever)
SM465 transmission
15x10 steel wheels for 6 lug wagoneer bolt pattern
good condition 35" tires (if you're local)
good condition fuel cell

I'm sure there's more I need, but that'll give you something to think about.

Let me know, and thanks for looking,
WRMorrison

Back