Pioneer Head Unit CD/AM/FM

It's not pretty, but it works. Not sure what model it is, it was in the YJ when I bought it. It has a detachable face that fell off, and is held on with velcro, but still works great. 50 watts/channel x 4 channels. Has pre-amp RCA output for use with Amp. Comes with harness and install can/sleeve. If I can find it, I'll also throw in the faceplate case for keeping the faceplate safe when out of the vehicle.

$30 covers shipping and cost of unit. Will ship anywhere in the lower 48.

Sorry it took so long to post these for you. I haven't wiped the dust off of it yet, but here it is:

Stereo1-2.jpg

Stereo2-2.jpg

--Sparky

That looks like the same unit I have in my YJ. Great little CD player, takes a pretty good hit to make it skip.

Hey Sparky, does it play CD-R's and CD-RW's. I have such a huge collection so if it does i may unload it form you.

Hey Sparky, does it play CD-R's and CD-RW's. I have such a huge collection so if it does i may unload it form you.

Yes, it does. I've taken to recording all of my CD's over to CD-R's to keep in the Jeep, so that if they get stolen, I still have the original at home, and I'm only out a couple of bucks for the CD-R. I never tried it, but I believe it will play MP3's on disc, also. Can't be positive on that one, though.

It only has Treble and Bass tuning, no mid-range, if I remember right, but it still rocks, nonetheless. I think it's got 3 FM bands for 18 preset FM stations, and one AM band (like I ever used that one!). I think the new Pioneer I got has either 24 or 30 FM presets and 12 AM presets. Currently, I have 3 FM stations programmed into it.....what a waste. I have one classical with NPR (public radio) that I listen to when I'm in a mellow mood, and on the weekends for bluegrass, new age, and Prairie Home Companion. Also, the occasional Click and Clack's Car Talk. The second one is a country station that I keep because they usually have pretty crappy storm coverage that comes in handy for a laugh when I'm storm chasing. I rarely, if ever, listen to country by choice. If someone else has it on their radio, I will listen to it, but don't when it's my radio and my choice. Not that I don't like it, I just don't....ummmm.....like it. The third station is the one I listen to the most when I'm not listening to CD's. It's a classic rock station that plays the best rock from the 60's, 70's, and 80's. Anything newer than that just doesn't do anything for me. It's got hook ups for Ipods and other stuff like satellite radio, a remote CD changer, and will also power a sub without another amp, plus all kinds of bells and whistles I'll never use. The only reason I stepped up to that model instead of the one that was $20 or $30 cheaper, is that this one has a face plate that flips down to insert the CD. I had one like that in my Camry and liked it. It's great for the Jeep because it keeps most of the dust out of the CD player. It will also show the album title, artist, and song title on the newer CD's that have text imbedded in them. If it's an older disc, you can enter the album title, and it will remember up to 48 different CD's and show the title each time you put it in the player. That's pretty cool.

Last edited:

throw me a photo, may just pick it up and put in my girls car for the heck of it so it adds a little more value ;) better then a factory tape deck with missing knobs :)
Laph9979@yahoo.com

Back