NEWLY REBUILT 4.0 Motor from 2005 TJ!!!

Dirk

I got this motor to drop in to my 2000 XJ, as several people of good reputation told me it would work.

It won't. Now, I have to sell this motor and find another one for the XJ.
If anyone tells you the block on a 2005 TJ is the same as a 2000 XJ, I can attest that they are not.
frown-1.gif

This motor should fit any TJ or LJ though.

This 4.0 had 15k ORIGINAL miles on it when it was pulled out of the vehicle.
It sat for 2 years and somewhere along the way, water got into the cylinders and they rusted.

The rest of the engine looked beautiful, but Blumenthal Engines in OKC rebuilt the entire engine:
Bored .020 over with brand new pistons & rings, new bearings, and all.
(Full rebuild kit)
They also disassembled the head and did a full valve job and installed new guides & seats, although it didn't need it.

This is as close to a brand new motor as it gets! I also have a sim test sheet that Blumenthal ran on this engine, showing excellent compression and oil pressure. It has a 6 month warranty too.

I also have a lot of the factory brackets, AC compressor, etc.

Reman engines normally run anywhere from $1800.00 to $2200.00 for a full long block build like this.

I'll sell this one for $1500.00, as I need a quick sale to afford an earlier engine that will fit the XJ.

I don't have pics at the moment, but can get them for a serious buyer.
If you've wanted a really nice, professionally built motor for your jeep at a really good price, here it is...

Let me know if interested- Drop me a PM or call me at (316)776-9900.

Thanks!
Dirk

Back