1973 cj5

Tom Eckman

I have a 1973 cj5 sitting at my cabin that is pretty much a rust bucket. I drive it back in the 80s but after having electrical problems, retired it to a work vehicle at the cabin. Hasn't ran in years. Anyway. I'm wondering if it is worth parting out or should I just get the scrap price from the junkyard.

With so many CJ projects out there , it is likely that someone(s) needs body parts and power train and drivetrain parts . Even if the body and chassis is swiss cheese , there is always a need for pieces to finish the puzzle. You'd be surprised at how some folks have trouble finding or just need to budget their build or repair. Whatever the offer is in your area for scrap vehicles , you can start a bid for the whole jeep. That way you'd be helping out someone who needs parts and pieces and helping to breathe life into a resurrection from an old tired hopeless one. There's always a need for parts and it's one way to keep the CJ alive. Please think of the guy or gal who is trying their heart out to make their dream jeep come true .

Part it out or sell it to some one that will. there's a lots parts there that they don't make any more or if they do their a bunch of crap. You may only get a little better than scrap price for it if it doesn't run. If you are in my area I may be interested.

Back