Johnny's 94 yj "One Big Poop"

Looking good! What are some other plans you have for it?
I will get some pics, but Chevy D60 front, chromo, 35 spline inner and outers, 5:13 gears full spool and full hydro, 14 bolt rear 5:13, welded, shaved and trussed with discs. 106" wheel base (might be 105 depending on how the springs settle) I have the "Up country HD stock XJ rears brand new from crown for the front and a stock XJ rears for the rear flipped. I was originally running a second xj main military wrapped, but the springs still seam way too soft, I am adding a S10 over load spring to the front pack and a S10 Main to the rear pack. engine runs, no need to replace, transmission has seen better days, but still works, so it will stay. building a np 231/d300 doubler which both in low equals a 5.1?? ratio. I will still have the 2.72 of the 231 and the 2.32 of the 300 individually if I need wheel spin. also gonna truss the 300 case.

Body will get some Hi-line fenders that I got all bent up, just need to find time to weld them up and cut the hood, also comp cut the rear and boat side the rockers off. I have some rust on teh Drivers side rocker, so instead of patching it, just cut it off.

going with a complete flat skid. I was originally 4 linking the rear, but the guy that was supposed to sell me 14" 2.5 radflows bailed on me last minute. I still plan on running the 4 link rear, but to expidite this build, the rear is getting leafs for now.

And the best mod of all I want something like this air brushed on the hood but more 70's pannel van-ish and me riding a dragon or something.

Attachments

• nationallampoonsvacation.jpg
    nationallampoonsvacation.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,441
  • molly-hatchet-devils-canyon.jpg
    molly-hatchet-devils-canyon.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 3,645
Wow, That sucker's AWESOME Johnny, I looked at it before and there were only a couple pics on there. Looking real REAL GOOD!!!

Can't wait to see the other goodies! Keep up the good work, looking good!

Good build thread, nice job you did so far. It sucks that you got rear ended by a house. Kinda ironic what happened to your parking brake. That is very similar to what happened to a family friend's Porshce 944. He too didn't park with the trans in gear and only used the parking brake. It released and the car rolled into a reflecting pond and was an insurance total due only to water damage. I bought it for scrap price and that is how I acquired my first Porsche. I took every nut and bolt out dried the car out and washed everything with an antimicrobial solution. It has been fun to drive and trouble free for several years now.

Might as well update this.. I have been spending some time spending $$ and collecting parts. I am still waiting for some back ordered parts, but here is what I have gotten over the past couple months..
I bent up a rad hoop, I am thinking of cutting the back of the grille off and put it behind the grille for a clean look.
I am making some hi-line fenders, gonna take about 3" out of the hood so they will tie into this hoop.

around christmas time, jegs had a killer sale with free shipping so I picked up a new aluminum radiator over flow tank for less than $20 shipped with all the mounting brackets and hardware

Balistic battery box

Attachments

• DSC_0265.jpg
    DSC_0265.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 394
  • DSC_0264.jpg
    DSC_0264.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 327
  • DSC_0253.jpg
    DSC_0253.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 347
Also got some parts and axle bling

Brand new SRW hubs, rotors, studs, bearings and races.. won't say how much I paid, but way less than they cost now since GM is no longer carrying the part number

Rockcrusher billet drive flange eliminator's

Rockcrusher 4340 35 spline slugs

RPM motorsports fat chic flange covers... Heavy Duty!! Good Guys out there I ordered blue, but they sent me black by accident so when I called, they refunded me for shipping

Attachments

• DSC_0255.jpg
    DSC_0255.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 388
  • DSC_0256.jpg
    DSC_0256.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 429
  • DSC_0258.jpg
    DSC_0258.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 335
  • DSC_0257.jpg
    DSC_0257.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 407
Looking really good there, Johnny. Mine's on hold due to funding, or should I say, the LACK of it. :cry:

couple more..

package from ruff stuff I got last month.
14 bolt pinion guard and disc brake brackets

Attachments

• DSC_0259.jpg
    DSC_0259.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,399
  • DSC_0262.jpg
    DSC_0262.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,074
Shackle hangers. Obviously these come in pairs...
The centered ones are for the rear and the off set will be for the front.
I have the bushings, they are just not in the pic.

Attachments

• DSC_0260.jpg
    DSC_0260.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,392
I got these 2.5" hangers on the front, the ones on my frame are kinda beat, so I am going to french these into the front of the frame, mean while offsetting them the 1/2 inch out to accomidate the stock D60 perch mounts.

Also by frenching them into the frame, it will correct the pinion angle slightly due to the fixed mounts on the D60

Attachments

• DSC_0261.jpg
    DSC_0261.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 3,951

Lastly a couple of old stand by's. I needed some D60 u-bolt plates and some longer 14 bolt perches. I am obviously going to run a anti-wrap bar and some nice s-10 mains in the rear spring pack, but hopefully with these also used, the wrap won't be too bad. I do plan on 4 linking in the near future.. the worse the wrap is, I guess the sooner I start saving money for the 4 link.

Also ordering 40 feet of 1.5" HREW for some much needed mods, more on that later.

Attachments

• DSC_0263.jpg
    DSC_0263.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 398
Just ordered steel. The tub is getting boat sided in the next couple weeks. I am going to try to get it done before april sinc I will be in Phoenix az the entire month of april.

Groove with me

So.. if you have $900 worth of tires that have less than 200 miles on them total, pretty much all trail miles.
what would you do?

well I wasted some rubber.

A friend had the tire iron, and while I will firmly say that the TSL is one of the best tires for a all around offroad tire, it does have some shortcomings on wet rock. so hopefully a little grooving will help me have a tad bit more grip when I want it.

Attachments

• DSC_0409.jpg
    DSC_0409.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 375
  • DSC_0410.jpg
    DSC_0410.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 388
  • DSC_0411.jpg
    DSC_0411.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 375

OH... drink holders too

Really not sure where I want to put them, I have two and would like to keep them out of the way and out of my general view.

all the metal is here for the boat sides and flat fenders, start that project next weekend, gonna go snowboarding this weekend. also picking up some lexan for a windshield. fact of the matter is, I have not had the windshield up in a very long time, so it is just coming off for good, gonna fab up some tabs and mount the lexan to the cage.

Attachments

• DSC_0412.jpg
    DSC_0412.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 533
That's pretty cool Johnny!!, if your really good , you'd carve your initials on the side:D, great job on re-grooving though.

Well, between work, family, and the 20" of rain we've gotten up here in the past week (no lie) Slowly been dedication some time to the project. The plan is to still wheel it this year with the 44's under it, but I have a rot problem, luckily it is the only one on the tub. on the fdricers side, there it has rotted clear through about 5" wide and about 7" tall. Luckily it goes to the bottom corner of the tub and doesn't really spread much farther.

All the TJ flares are off (and for sale)
Rocker guards are off (also for sale)
Fenders are off (keeping those for now)

Going to be making the cut on the rockers for the boat sides just where the top of the current guards are and removing from there down. some of the rot goes above there, I am simply going to patch what I need to.

Attachments

• DSC_0454.jpg
    DSC_0454.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 404
  • DSC_0452.jpg
    DSC_0452.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 404

Well after being in Phoenix for a month and then working in NYC and CT.. I got home a little early, I got back last night and started ripping into this. here is a shot of the rust, it was not as bad as I thought, but it is not pretty, amazingly, this is the only rust on the jeep.

Attachments

• DSC_0953.jpg
    DSC_0953.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 331
  • DSC_0954.jpg
    DSC_0954.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 396
Prior to leaving on my trip, I gave a friend that has a plasma table some templets on the basic brackets for the front fenders, they will be further modified when I get more cutting done.

the front piece was flat, when I speced it out in 3/16, I didn't think ahead that it would be a huge PITA to form it to the contour of the grill.

a quick shot of the front garage where I am doing the work, man it's tight in there.

Attachments

• DSC_0955.jpg
    DSC_0955.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 366
  • DSC_0956.jpg
    DSC_0956.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 309
  • DSC_0957.jpg
    DSC_0957.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 418
  • DSC_0958.jpg
    DSC_0958.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 353
In total I will be taking 3" out of the hood, by my estimates I should be able to safely fit a 40" tire with a SUA 3" lift, but, since I want the magic 106" WB, I will be SOA with XJ springs front and rear but will be frenching the mounts into the frame and the mount the shackle hangers as high as I can on the front and rear cross members so I am estimating my SOA lift will be about 2.5-3"

Back