1981 CJ Build Up

AA-CJ7

CJ7 Metamorphosis

When I bought my CJ it was bone stock other than shackles, fuel injection, 33's and a missing front drive shaft. If it had been wheeled, it couldn't have been much. The skid plate looked untouched and the body was pristine.

I only drove it one time, I took it to a local trail, and because the front DS was missing, I ran the trail in rear wheel drive. The following week it went into the shop for a Warn link suspension, NV4500, D44 front and D60 rear. Over the years it's gone through several major changes and revisions, but the basic drive train and overall dimensions stayed about the same.

This last build changed all that.

Hard core rocker . . . .GREAT JOB!! looks AWESOME. performs well too I see.

Awesome..

Questions..
-the rear HP 9" is it a currie or true Hi9 and how do you like it?
-Whats the WB now?
Hydro, what pump are you using? P, TC or other? any issues with is Cavitating when really off camber?

Looks killer, if I could afford it, thats what I would be doing. love the stance. I think I recall seeing a thread on Pirate about this build, who did the axle fab?

Thanks guy's.

They're True Hi 9's front and rear. So far they've been completely trouble free and they help keep the drive line out of the rocks.

The WB is just over 107" and it climbs like a billy goat.

The steering system is Howe and uses a TC pump. I've had it at some pretty wild angles and have had no problems of any kind.

The axles and much of the fab work was by Dirt Built.

Back