CJ-7 from non-runner to armeggedon

DIRTY-CJ

OK Here is what I started with a 1983 CJ-7( not running. ) I took apart the I-6 258 and rebuilt it. I added an Offey intake to accomodate the Holley Truck Avenger then jetted it down to a respectable 290 cfm. I added a Pacesetter header w/ Magnaflow exaust. Also a HEI egnition upgrade. After waiting to replenish funds I put the Warn dual force 9500 winch on (which I had to change bumper and plate.) I am now adding BestTop tube doors,Rock-Hard rear bumper with tire carrier and Olympic reverse nerf bars -- oh yeah and Gen-Right tube rear fenders..I decided to go with a 6" lift and have added to many other little extras to go on.. I got to get some pics out to you all, but I still cant figure out how. Anyone in Az a question.... I need a good fab shop to go to, I want some custom welding now.

Attachments

• Jeep Top 081.jpg
    Jeep Top 081.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,466
  • 4wheelin thru 4 peaks and roosevelt 004.jpg
    4wheelin thru 4 peaks and roosevelt 004.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 324
  • 4wheelin thru 4 peaks and roosevelt 042.jpg
    4wheelin thru 4 peaks and roosevelt 042.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

Nice... For the cost of 4 hours of shop labor, you could buy a good quality 110 mig and make some stuff your self. a welder is an investment that goes a long way.

Looks good, I'd leave it as is, maybe add some triangulationto the cage, but just like that.

Looking good there, I agree with jps4Jeeps. I'ld get a little wire feeder and argon bottle. I think mine was a couple hundred, no more than 6 or 8 hundred depending how SHNAZZY of one you want. I am in AZ but I steer clear of the Phoenix area, seems like it's solid city south of Wickenburg anymore. If I DO need to go to the city, I usually head north to Vegas.

Great looking 7!!!

Back