Project: Installing a new wiring harness

Thumper01

Here are a few pics of my wiring due to the past owners handy work. They were trying to install a stereo and cut several wires under the dash to find a hot I guess. I have no headlights, tail lights, stop lights, hazards, or dash lights. The wiring is butchered so bad that I am installing a new wiring harness by painless. I will post pics as the project progresses. The harness will arrive on Tuesday. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.
Sam

Attachments

• jeep 098.JPG
    jeep 098.JPG
    778.8 KB · Views: 336
  • jeep 103.JPG
    jeep 103.JPG
    776.5 KB · Views: 381
  • jeep 104.JPG
    jeep 104.JPG
    755 KB · Views: 339
  • jeep 099.JPG
    jeep 099.JPG
    854.7 KB · Views: 256
  • jeep 101.JPG
    jeep 101.JPG
    675.6 KB · Views: 272

The Painless kit has very good instructions....take your time & you shouldn't have any problems getting it in.

hmmmmm ...that looks like your neck will crimp into lizard reflex and evil thoughts will enter your vocabulary. wear glasses and I prescribe rum as a muscle relaxer. see if you can be under a deadline like on TV. get someone to yell at you.

I'm a doctor.

Wow man...I agree with just tearing it all out and going with a new harness. I wouldn't even know where to start with all those hangers.

Just about finished with the new harness. Still some old splices from the ECU to clean up that the old owner did. Jeep started up and runs but I have a high idle issue to tend to. Should be an easy fix then on to the next project. Replacing the 4" lift. The current lift has weak springs.

Attachments

• image-4008322845.png
    image-4008322845.png
    1 MB · Views: 458
  • image-1940541783.png
    image-1940541783.png
    1 MB · Views: 389
Lol. The first pics look identical to what I bought 2 weeks ago. I have an 86-7. No dash lights, fuel gauge, 3 Eng temp gauges and you guessed it..all read different. I was going to go with the painless wiring but for 400 bucks I can't swing that so I'm gonna try doing it from scratch so I can cut out what I don't need and I'm adding jet style switches and all. I hope everything is well with that birds nest ya got there though.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz

Back