Wrangler SC

jb21366

A while back I asked the forums if it was possible to install a supercharged v6 in a wrangler. I got mixed reviews mostly saying it wasn't possible. Even the good people at Novack and Painless Wiring said not recommended.

Well check this out, I bought a 02 Buick Regal 3.8 supercharged engine. With all accesories,wiring harness, and pcm. Although it is not the hardest thing I have ever done, it is challenging. Al Gore would be proud of the emissions upgrade. About a month into the build. I only have a couple hours a few days a week to work on it.

The coolest thing about the whole thing is that I am an automotive instuctor and I am getting paid to do this. There is a lot of fabrication work and time spent planning. Keeping the stock 5 speed for now. It bolted right up. 4:10 in both diffs and 31" tires.

I will post more pics as we progress. Heres another thought... has anyone ever installed a Northstar in a Jeep before.

Attachments

• DSCN1674.JPG
    DSCN1674.JPG
    752.8 KB · Views: 281
  • DSCN1676.JPG
    DSCN1676.JPG
    684.2 KB · Views: 277

dude, that is sweet. i am so envious right now. i always wanted a supercharger in a vehicle

Pretty Cool, not sure who said it was impossible; in fact I just pulled up your posting history and you never posted a single thing about a supercharged 3.8.

The L67 SC3800 is a great motor, the gen II blocks (which you have) is an awesome motor, and is a fairly commmon swap into jeeps. In one of my local club we have a SC3800 equip XJ and a RCROCS buggy with a rear mounted SC3800.

If your looking for some contacts for setting up the motor and tuning it, let me know, I got some.

What are those guys running for transmissions. Is there any pictures of shifter set ups I can Look at and get some ideas. Also how did they configure exhaust, I tried 3 different ways and ended up buying camaro headers and modifing them to fit in. I could use some people to talk too as far as tuning so I would appreciate your input. Where are you out of I am in the great tax state of CT. Thanks

Pretty Cool, not sure who said it was impossible; in fact I just pulled up your posting history and you never posted a single thing about a supercharged 3.8.

The L67 SC3800 is a great motor, the gen II blocks (which you have) is an awesome motor, and is a fairly commmon swap into jeeps. In one of my local club we have a SC3800 equip XJ and a RCROCS buggy with a rear mounted SC3800.

If your looking for some contacts for setting up the motor and tuning it, let me know, I got some.

Looks sweet good luck on rest of build
a while back i asked the forums if it was possible to install a supercharged v6 in a wrangler. I got mixed reviews mostly saying it wasn't possible. Even the good people at novack and painless wiring said not recommended.

Well check this out, i bought a 02 buick regal 3.8 supercharged engine. With all accesories,wiring harness, and pcm. Although it is not the hardest thing i have ever done, it is challenging. Al gore would be proud of the emissions upgrade. About a month into the build. I only have a couple hours a few days a week to work on it.

The coolest thing about the whole thing is that i am an automotive instuctor and i am getting paid to do this. There is a lot of fabrication work and time spent planning. Keeping the stock 5 speed for now. It bolted right up. 4:10 in both diffs and 31" tires.

I will post more pics as we progress. Heres another thought... Has anyone ever installed a northstar in a jeep before.

Back