76 CJ5 Restoration

A few more pics of the latest progress. Task accomplished - engine compartment wiring complete, hood installed, fuel fill hose installed, heater ducts & wiper linkage installed.

Attachments

• progress12.jpg
    progress12.jpg
    623.8 KB · Views: 3,224
  • progress15.jpg
    progress15.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 742
Will have more pics soon. Last trip home fire the engine up, lack seats, safety harness. The rest will be mods after I start using.

Great restoration !!! If looks could kill !!!

FINALLY got to take it off the jack stands and take the wife and grandkids for a spin. Got more to do but it's all down hill from here.

Attachments

• after restore 1.jpg
    after restore 1.jpg
    680.6 KB · Views: 35
  • after restore 2.jpg
    after restore 2.jpg
    674.8 KB · Views: 28
  • after restore 3.jpg
    after restore 3.jpg
    733.9 KB · Views: 34
  • after restore 4.jpg
    after restore 4.jpg
    638.8 KB · Views: 29
  • after restore 6.jpg
    after restore 6.jpg
    670.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Looks great....ENJOY IT!! If you're like me there will always be something to adjust, tweak, or add. That too is part of the fun!;)

Some more pics, Hope to do some more mods before long.

Attachments

• after restore 7.jpg
    after restore 7.jpg
    856.4 KB · Views: 26
  • after restore 8.jpg
    after restore 8.jpg
    819.3 KB · Views: 30
  • after restore 9.jpg
    after restore 9.jpg
    832.5 KB · Views: 28
Replaced transmission with the older version of the T18A. No longer have a problem with it jumping out of gear. Going to rebuild and have as a spare.
Replaced diff covers with some chrome ones. Just enjoying it this year, taking grandkids to the creek and the wife for evening rides.

Awesome build! So clean, except for the engine block and intake manifold they look dirty and rusty. Everything else is so clean and new looking? Don't take it the wrong way, it's more than I could ever do.

NP, that's one of the future items to do, rebuild the engine. Plan to have it dipped so it can be painted and stick.
Also plan on improving the braking system and front drive shaft, already done the rear drive shaft with a Tom Woods CV type.

76 CJ5 Enjoying

Pic of on Buck Creek with grandkids

Attachments

• IMG_1241.JPG
    IMG_1241.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1242.JPG
    IMG_1242.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 36

Grand kids are the greatest aren't they. Wifey and I had a hoot with ours until they got old enough that hanging with grammy and grampa wasn't cool any more.

Back