Will's official DJ5 build thread...

Anyone know how to turn on image code?

Picked up tires last night,mounted and balanced.Rims are too deep,will not fit the front without touching the tie rod. Spacers??? Already have 450 bucks in wheels and tires.I don't think new rims is an option.Spacers are $98 at 4wd a pair.Damn it man!!!!

Will said:
Picked up tires last night,mounted and balanced.Rims are too deep,will not fit the front without touching the tie rod. Spacers??? Already have 450 bucks in wheels and tires.I don't think new rims is an option.Spacers are $98 at 4wd a pair.Damn it man!!!!

spacers will look good and help you fit the tires, id go with spidertrax though, thats what mine are and i havent had any problems yet

bugleboy, I appreciate your input on my jeep,thanks. I had surgery yesterday on my shoulder,this will delay things for awhile.

slight pain,not stoned today.can't really work on jeep.it's cold outside,but am going to run errands with wife. btw..never ever trust a fart when you are on meds,especially 2x.

It would seem that I have more questions than progress.Does anyone have any pics of dj5 doors that have been hinged?I've seen a picture of a jeep that had been done that way,but I'm not sure how to go about doing it.Any input would be great.It does't seem like you have too many options with those sliding doors.

honestly im not sure how much help you will get with the door design, not manny dj5s out there being customized for offroading lol, it will be a heck of a sight, what mods are you planning on doing this far? like engine lift tires paint etc.

I like the 4 cylinder,so we'll stay with that.Oliver green and black trim with fender flares.A safety strap like the 151's,and run without doors in the summer.Tires are wrangler 235/75/15 on cherokee rims and center caps.Rhino line the floor and outside roof.Add a gas can to the back door.Gun racks to the side windows(inside).We can have these in Tennessee.I know in some of the northern states they are illegal,who would have thunk it?

I intend to make this a dailey driver,of course it being a 2X,it will never go off the road,maybe on the side of the road during deer season.The jeep will be used for going to and from my gun club.Basic things.Beer runs.

Oh well...the doors will just have to be cut on the corners I guess,and like it!

I tried to photoshop,and create the jeep the way I want it,but I'm no good at that either...pooh!

You can look on earlycj5.com, many post about mods on dj's there.

Roof is rhino lined,tires and wheels on.Body bushing's installed.Gas tank in place,making progress.

Not really,nothing that excites me anyway.So the plan is to add flares to the fender well,(may have to trim for the doors to slide) and cut the corner off the doors.I talked to the VOMA guy at work on Friday,he is going to get some door seals from an LLV.They will work the same,but are a little thicker,better seal I think.Still yet,add a sill and safty strap to run without doors in the good weather months.

Just ran across your posts about your DJ5. I just started a project with my 1977 DJ5 I picked up this week. I'm interested in lifting my body a couple of inches with body mounts. How many body bushings are under there? I only see 3 on each side and then the springy things at the front end? What all did you replace on yours and how would I go about applying body lift to this thing?

Sorry I missed your thread - about the images, you have to attach them in the build section. If you have any problems, just email them to me (webmaster at jeepz).

Back