The Cheap Wrangler Build...

IMG_0151.JPGIMG_0599.JPGIMG_0601.JPGIMG_0607.JPGIMG_0608.JPGIMG_0612.JPGIMG_0616.JPGIMG_0617.JPG

I added a rear roll bar to the “bed” of the TJ. I started with a CJ-5 full roll cage I scored on Craigslist for $25. I cut it down and tweaked it till it fit the TJ. I made some captured nut plates to bolt it in and give me something to use to tie the cage to the frame after I swap frames. I want this to be very functional as well as the aesthetics of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

I was going to ask if any part ties into the frame?... I see its in your plans... Do you plan a roll cage in the cab area?

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Yes I do, I still have the center factory hoop and windshield spreader bars. I’m going to add a front cage kit sometime prior to taking it off-road. It may go on before the frame replacement or after just depends.

IMG_0920.JPGIMG_0921.JPG

Added my new mirriors, and mirrior mover brackets to the TJ. Just still fitting stuff up that I know I’ll have to remove prior to the frame swap and paint, but it keeps me motivated.

Im interested in the mirror movers. Are they good? Is it harder to see back?? The mirrors i have for doors off fit in the hinge and vibrate like crazy making it difficult to see well.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

The mirrior movers are good overall, there are different styles of movers (some styles you take the mirrior apart to fit in the mover). They don’t affect removing the door as they’re clear of the path of lifting it out. With the door on (or if you have half doors with the upper on) you lose a bit out of the passenger mirrior. I know on the JK’s they make mirrior movers that have an adjustable passenger bracket to move the mirrior further out.

IMG_1211.JPG

The TJ hasn’t been getting much love lately...been too busy working on everyone’s Jeeps but mine (and working on my JK lol). I did however replace the fuel pump and add 4 hole fuel injectors. It was an awesome upgrade in all respects, idles and runs much smoother, better throttle response and in my case fixed the “dead spot” I had in my pedal.

Dead spots are usually the TPS.
Maybe you moved the connector or shook loose some debris...

They new or refurbished injectors?

Dead spots are usually the TPS.
Maybe you moved the connector or shook loose some debris...

They new or refurbished injectors?

I know, I had already changed the TPS and cleaned the throttle body. Maybe dead spot was the wrong phrasing. They are refurbished injectors from eBay.

View attachment 24151 I did however replace the fuel pump and add 4 hole fuel injectors. It was an awesome upgrade in all respects, idles and runs much smoother, better throttle response and in my case fixed the “dead spot” I had in my pedal.

I'm not familiar with this upgrade. Is this for specific years, or would it work on my 2005? I don't have any problems, but better performance doesn't sound like a bad thing

I'm not familiar with this upgrade. Is this for specific years, or would it work on my 2005? I don't have any problems, but better performance doesn't sound like a bad thing

4 and 12 hole upgrades will work on your 2005 TJ. The result is better atomization and smoother idle. No real HP gain but maybe mpg improvement.

Last edited:

I can't wait to see the outcome, it seem like you are having a good time modifying this jeep.

Back