79 cj5

BigD

Went and bought me a cj5 finally. Already have done some engine work, now I guess I'll start my build page.

Good luck with it. What are your plans for it? Keep us posted. I rebuilt a CJ5 a few years ago and enjoyed "almost" every minute of it.

Hopping to get it running again this week, ran when I bought it, on five cylinders haha, gonna get some accessories for Christmas, recessed tail lights, all new wireing, some more lights, then painting it orange, it has I fiberglass body, then this sumer try to get the soft top stretched back out on it hopefully.

Took the linkage for the clutch off today, was held together with a zip tie, real safe stuff haha. Headed to napa to see what I can get. Gaskets should be here Monday and ill hear her pur again

Clutch linkage was one of the first things I did to mine. It was so bad out of adjustment it's a wonder it hadn't smoked the clutch.

Got my linkage today, off a snapper lawn mower tie rod. All my gaskets came also, have her together by the weekend. I'll take some pictures and post the this weekend

Got all of my gaskets out to inspect and found that my headgasket was tore up, so now I get to wait some more..... Ready to drive this thing

Back