My CJ5 build w/trailer

jessinak

This is what i started with. Really bad shape. motor jacked up, steering jacked up, axles made it un-driveable, power steering jacked up, etc..
Pepe1.jpg
took me 5 years to get it to here
Pepe4.jpg
Then i added the trailer
Pepe7.jpg
what a fun rig!

pepe

Updated fender flares. The rear were made from a single axle trailer fender, and the fronts were made out of a tandem axle trailer fender cut in half. Then I used a planishing hammer to fit and contour them. I sure like the way they turned out and how they work.

Attachments

• image-237718937.jpg
    image-237718937.jpg
    705.8 KB · Views: 4,151
  • image-1428934656.jpg
    image-1428934656.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 356
  • image-43421763.jpg
    image-43421763.jpg
    558.6 KB · Views: 419

Even though you thought of your jeep as being JACKED UP before your personal touch added , I think it looked way better than some of the rotted out , neglected and beat to hell CJ's I've seen over the years. I think it's a shame that anyone ever let a jeep die a slow death knowing full well CJ's went out of production. That lack,of respect entitles its owner to lose their privilege to own one of the finest 4x4's ever built. I understand a jeep was built to be used other than on road , but it dosen't mean it should be un-maintained. I own an XJ but have always appreciated and hoped to own a cj5. I wish everyone well with their CJ and welcome you to Jeepz.com !

P.S. - it may have needed help before , but I know now it can get through hell with a pit stop to kick satans ass and back ! Yeah boy !

Last edited:
Yeah that paint is making me all jealous. Out of curiosity .... Was that real deal automotive paint or was it the quick and easy rustoleum job? I'm looking to do something similar... Without breaking the bank of course. But I also don't want it to flake off after a summer of abuse. Thanks. And killer camo job for sure. 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz

Back