Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. #21

    Re: Cpl Recon's 92 YJ Project

    Thank you.. It's been awhile since i've done anything as we are expecting our 3rd child. Will get back on track in March. :)
    Keep On Jeeping On!

    Cpl Recon.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Virginia Beach VA
    Posts
    8,121

    Re: Cpl Recon's 92 YJ Project

    Congrats on the upcoming kid. Now get back to work!
    My 2005 Wrangler Build Thread

    “He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.” -Compressions 8.7:1

  3. Re: Cpl Recon's 92 YJ Project

    Nice 👍👍😎😯

    Sent from my SGP561 using Jeepz.com mobile app

  4. Re: Cpl Recon's 92 YJ Project

    Looking good Marine Semper Fi brother

  5. #25

    Re: Cpl Recon's 92 YJ Project

    Semper Fi!
    Keep On Jeeping On!

    Cpl Recon.

  6. #26

    Re: Cpl Recon's 92 YJ Project

    Just an update. Since last post. I found a Jeep mechanic who fixed the loss if power issue. Spark plus, updated alternator replaced & the heater blower. The Jeep has been running like a champ with no issues. I haven’t upgraded the tires to 33s yet because I bought some mustangs. 1 in 2018 and another in 2019. Now my Wrangler is wrangling the ponies. I still have not taken the top off.

    Next is to get side storage speaker boxes.
    Keep On Jeeping On!

    Cpl Recon.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Virginia Beach VA
    Posts
    8,121

    Re: Cpl Recon's 92 YJ Project

    So what was the loss of power from? spark plugs?
    My 2005 Wrangler Build Thread

    “He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.” -Compressions 8.7:1

  8. #28

    Re: Cpl Recon's 92 YJ Project

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryMason View Post
    So what was the loss of power from? spark plugs?
    Yes..it was the spark plugs and timing was off. To date.... no issues. :)



    Sent from my iPad using Jeepz.com mobile app
    Keep On Jeeping On!

    Cpl Recon.

  9. Re: Cpl Recon's 92 YJ Project

    Sorry for bumping the thread. May I know what brand of Jeep fender flares are those? Bushwacker?

  10. #30

    Re: Cpl Recon's 92 YJ Project

    Update as of June 2021...

    It's been a while since I posted an update.. Here is what I've added:

    My Jeep would vibrate when drive on the freeway and when I accelerated. I found out I needed a New rear drive shaft to accommodate the lift and the tires.

    I replace the new drive shaft.

    I also upgrade the tires to 35" MT ... they rub when I take a deep bump and a big flex. Took it to PISMO Beach Sand Dunes and it was Awesome!

    Definitely need to add another 1" lift.. I might swap out the Rubicon 2.5" lift for a 3.5" or 4" lift.

    Also added a side step to help the kids get in. I had it welded on as the screws were too weak. Bought in on Ebay.

    Updated photos to follow.
    Last edited by CplRecon; 06-08-2021 at 02:37 PM.
    Keep On Jeeping On!

    Cpl Recon.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dayton Ohio Area
    Posts
    5,966

    Re: Cpl Recon's 92 YJ Project

    Do you have the correct size bump stops?
    2.5 to 3.5 isn’t a direct swap you might run into more vibes. Consider a 1.25 in body lift before going 3.5 or larger. Body lift may require 4x4 linkage swap


    Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson
    "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up" - Jesse Jackson

  12. #32

    Re: Cpl Recon's 92 YJ Project

    well my circumstances has changed.. apparently I took my jeep out to pismo beach sand dunes... all the kids wanted to go, but we are a family of 5 and the yj only seats 4...safely... Wife said it's time to sell the YJ and get a NEW JEEP that seats all 5.... I guess I'll be posting it up for sale soon .

    I"m not sure how much yet... I just know I have a loooooong list of repairs I have done that I know I won't get back

    But definitely getting another Jeep.
    Keep On Jeeping On!

    Cpl Recon.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Posts
    325

    Re: Cpl Recon's 92 YJ Project

    Quote Originally Posted by CplRecon View Post
    well my circumstances has changed.. apparently I took my jeep out to pismo beach sand dunes... all the kids wanted to go, but we are a family of 5 and the yj only seats 4...safely... Wife said it's time to sell the YJ and get a NEW JEEP that seats all 5.... I guess I'll be posting it up for sale soon .

    I"m not sure how much yet... I just know I have a loooooong list of repairs I have done that I know I won't get back

    But definitely getting another Jeep.
    So getting the Grand Wagoneer? Cpl Recon's 92 YJ Project


    Sent from my iPad using Jeepz.com mobile app

  14. Re: Cpl Recon's 92 YJ Project

    Quote Originally Posted by CplRecon View Post
    Update as of June 2021...

    It's been a while since I posted an update.. Here is what I've added:

    My Jeep would vibrate when drive on the freeway and when I accelerated. I found out I needed a New rear drive shaft to accommodate the lift and the tires.

    I replace the new drive shaft.

    I also upgrade the tires to 35" MT ... they rub when I take a deep bump and a big flex. Took it to PISMO Beach Sand Dunes and it was Awesome!

    Definitely need to add another 1" lift.. I might swap out the Rubicon 2.5" lift for a 3.5" or 4" lift.

    Also added a side step to help the kids get in. I had it welded on as the screws were too weak. Bought in on Ebay.

    Updated photos to follow.
    What specific MT tires did you install?

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Virginia Beach VA
    Posts
    8,121

    Re: Cpl Recon's 92 YJ Project

    Noooo......

    Would a JK be wide enough on the back to seat three? I know my TJ is barely wide enough for two people back there.
    What about an XJ?
    My 2005 Wrangler Build Thread

    “He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.” -Compressions 8.7:1

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dayton Ohio Area
    Posts
    5,966

    Cpl Recon's 92 YJ Project

    One site states JK are 4 with max of 5 passengers. So i guess you have to consider how big the kids are???


    Grand Cherokee L has third road seats

    Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson
    "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up" - Jesse Jackson

  17. #37

    Re: Cpl Recon's 92 YJ Project

    No wagoneer, another wrangler... just the JL that fit 5.
    Keep On Jeeping On!

    Cpl Recon.

  18. #38

    Re: Cpl Recon's 92 YJ Project

    Installed 5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ p3 35 x 12.5 R15LT.
    Mounted on 15 x 8 Dick Cepek DC Blacks outs which or no longer available anywhere.

    Keep On Jeeping On!

    Cpl Recon.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Similar Threads

  1. 85 cj tub switch to 92 yj
    By TerryMason in forum Wrangler and CJ
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2003, 08:00 PM
  2. Windjammer and duster for 92' YJ
    By jeeperwilly in forum Items for Sale, Trade, or Give Away
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2003, 08:00 PM
  3. Hard slider uppers w/ factory H. top for a 92 YJ?
    By snosrfr in forum Wrangler and CJ
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2003, 08:00 PM
  4. 92 yj axle help
    By MrBill in forum Wrangler and CJ
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2003, 08:00 PM
  5. 92' YJ Soft top ?
    By jeeperwilly in forum Items for Sale, Trade, or Give Away
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2003, 08:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in