Cpl Recon's 92 YJ Project

Thank you.. It's been awhile since i've done anything as we are expecting our 3rd child. Will get back on track in March. :)

Just an update. Since last post. I found a Jeep mechanic who fixed the loss if power issue. Spark plus, updated alternator replaced & the heater blower. The Jeep has been running like a champ with no issues. I haven’t upgraded the tires to 33s yet because I bought some mustangs. 1 in 2018 and another in 2019. Now my Wrangler is wrangling the ponies. I still have not taken the top off.

Next is to get side storage speaker boxes.

Update as of June 2021...

It's been a while since I posted an update.. Here is what I've added:

My Jeep would vibrate when drive on the freeway and when I accelerated. I found out I needed a New rear drive shaft to accommodate the lift and the tires.

I replace the new drive shaft.

I also upgrade the tires to 35" MT ... they rub when I take a deep bump and a big flex. Took it to PISMO Beach Sand Dunes and it was Awesome!

Definitely need to add another 1" lift.. I might swap out the Rubicon 2.5" lift for a 3.5" or 4" lift.

Also added a side step to help the kids get in. I had it welded on as the screws were too weak. Bought in on Ebay.

Updated photos to follow.

Last edited:
Do you have the correct size bump stops?
2.5 to 3.5 isn’t a direct swap you might run into more vibes. Consider a 1.25 in body lift before going 3.5 or larger. Body lift may require 4x4 linkage swap

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

well my circumstances has changed.. apparently I took my jeep out to pismo beach sand dunes... all the kids wanted to go, but we are a family of 5 and the yj only seats 4...safely... Wife said it's time to sell the YJ and get a NEW JEEP that seats all 5.... I guess I'll be posting it up for sale soon :(.

I"m not sure how much yet... I just know I have a loooooong list of repairs I have done that I know I won't get back :(

But definitely getting another Jeep.

well my circumstances has changed.. apparently I took my jeep out to pismo beach sand dunes... all the kids wanted to go, but we are a family of 5 and the yj only seats 4...safely... Wife said it's time to sell the YJ and get a NEW JEEP that seats all 5.... I guess I'll be posting it up for sale soon :(.

I"m not sure how much yet... I just know I have a loooooong list of repairs I have done that I know I won't get back :(

But definitely getting another Jeep.

So getting the Grand Wagoneer?

Sent from my iPad using Jeepz.com mobile app

Update as of June 2021...

It's been a while since I posted an update.. Here is what I've added:

My Jeep would vibrate when drive on the freeway and when I accelerated. I found out I needed a New rear drive shaft to accommodate the lift and the tires.

I replace the new drive shaft.

I also upgrade the tires to 35" MT ... they rub when I take a deep bump and a big flex. Took it to PISMO Beach Sand Dunes and it was Awesome!

Definitely need to add another 1" lift.. I might swap out the Rubicon 2.5" lift for a 3.5" or 4" lift.

Also added a side step to help the kids get in. I had it welded on as the screws were too weak. Bought in on Ebay.

Updated photos to follow.

What specific MT tires did you install?

Noooo......

Would a JK be wide enough on the back to seat three? I know my TJ is barely wide enough for two people back there.
What about an XJ?

One site states JK are 4 with max of 5 passengers. So i guess you have to consider how big the kids are???

Grand Cherokee L has third road seats

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Installed 5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ p3 35 x 12.5 R15LT.
Mounted on 15 x 8 Dick Cepek DC Blacks outs which or no longer available anywhere.

:(

Back