dagyrox Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 2016

dagyrox

IMG_20160602_130823.jpg

Looking to get tube doors made. Where would someone typically go to get some made? I'm in Tampa, FL. Thanks.

Here's a list of things I'd like to get done, eventually:

Tube doors
Lifts (Daystar 1.5")
Spacers (idk what size yet)
Fenders (heard Daystar us developing).

The only "mod" I've done so far is get a spiderwebshade for the tops.

Looking to get tube doors made. Where would someone typically go to get some made? I'm in Tampa, FL. Thanks.

That sounds like some custom tube work to me. You'd need a standard fab shop.

I'd also look at how hard it is to take the doors off. I imagine that you're going to have to cut alot of factory wires and put in a harness / plug.

Sounds like a pretty cool project though. I'm excited to see what you fab up.

Removing the doors isn't an issue. That has already been done by someone in the renegade forum. Quick and easy. Only problem is the renegade looks ugly without the doors, but with tubes would look pretty good.

There are some fabricators in the vendor section. I can't speak for them, but you could ask. I'm not aware of anyplace already making them. If you could weld, there are many write ups on how to.

The doors are a structural part of a unibody vehicle, and you'll get excessive body flex when they're off. Repeated body flex and you'll have difficulty getting the OEM doors to line up in the future.

Tube doors won't help you much. You should have some extra anchors built into your doors, where a slot/post connect when you close the door. These add to the structural rigidity and the safety.

You can do it, and some probably already have for that model. I would recommend not offroading without the doors so there's no excessive twisting of the chassis which will lead to metal fatigue.

Back