95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Engine Swap

JTanthony93

Hello all,

Thinking of starting a project. I have a 95 Grand cherokee V8 with a rusted out unibody frame. Their are some local Jeeps for sale near me (98 year) with V6 engines with no rust! I love mechanic work. That being said, how much of a headache would it be to keep my v8 in a safer frame. The only thing I haven't done is learn to weld and at the moment do not have equipment for welding. I'm willing to learn and grab a welder and engine jack. Just need some basic yes or no type of responses for encouragement and peace of mind. Most people would say drive with v6 but something about the v8 in a jeep pleases me for my needs. Lots of new parts on my jeep as well. New tires, exhaust etc...

Appreciate your responses.

~Joe

the 95 jeep was a V8 5.2L or an I6 (Inline 6) 4.0L but not a V6.

The I6 is great engine - but you want the V8.

Welding comment sounds like it has serious corrosion to me. Swapping engine is a lot of work, time, trail and error, expense.

Price compare the options an I6 will likely be cost effective -

the 95 jeep was a V8 5.2L or an I6 (Inline 6) 4.0L but not a V6.

The I6 is great engine - but you want the V8.

Welding comment sounds like it has serious corrosion to me. Swapping engine is a lot of work, time, trail and error, expense.

Price compare the options an I6 will likely be cost effective -

Ah, besides the engine do the parts like brakes, suspension, wheels, and possibly exhaust fit with the I6 chassis? Or should I just dumb the V8 totally at some point.

Best,

Joe

Back