Mild JK Build

Did you fill behind the speaker at all?

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

I did not add anything that wasn’t already there, I forget what type of material to add to increase the performance, I will have to check out what I need and add it. Even without the sound quality was vastly improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Polyfill same stuff used to fill pillows
Don’t needto stuff it only enough to loosely fill in and keep wires from vibrating.

Polyfill same stuff used to fill pillows
Don’t needto stuff it only enough to loosely fill in and keep wires from vibrating.

Thank you! I will check that out, I wonder if I can use it around the front speakers as well?

Image1660572769.529188.jpg
Image1660572778.640379.jpg

I also replaced my factory tail lights with some LEDs that I got for free from a friend who said and I quote “they’re too beat up for me”. I installed a new set of the same lights on his JK and he was going to throw away these...they work perfectly and aren’t broken, the very tops of the lights have scratches that you can’t see now because of the corner armor.

I was looking over your build and noticed you have added a hood vent. Did you install it yourself? If so what brand is it. I haven’t found any where the bolts aren’t visible like that one. How big of holes did you cut?

I was looking over your build and noticed you have added a hood vent. Did you install it yourself? If so what brand is it. I haven’t found any where the bolts aren’t visible like that one. How big of holes did you cut?

It’s a Daystar Hood Cowel, I installed it myself, also painted it myself. The bolts are all hidden also you cut a fairly small hole in the front and it vents the heat out the back. I like it way better than Poison Spyder hood vents. They claim it works better at low speed than the Poison Spyder one as well. They aren’t cheap and they have to be painted or vinyl wrapped, but I do like it a lot and I don’t see to many other people running them.

Just clicked on the links, 4wd hardware (listed for $315.99) is out of stock. Just Differentials has them looks like in stock for $340.20. And a couple of sites have the carbon fiber version in stock for $436-$484 (ouch).

Even at $350 it’s half the price of a hood and requires way less paint. I will look at just differentials and see if I can order one. I have a Willy’s so I will probably keep it black to go with the factory look.

Image1662992393.143258.jpg
Image1662992413.891273.jpg
Image1662992425.441694.jpg

Couple of poser shots from Southington 2 weekends ago. Still trying to figure the trail system out up there. The upgrades that I made since my previous trip August of 2020 really paid off as I was able to take a harder (not the hardest, need a locker for that) line up one of my favorite hill climbs. Also not messing with trying to re-connect a muddy sway bar was very nice.

Image1664744665.408413.jpg
Image1664744674.158896.jpg

Finally added my 3/4” coil spring spacers I picked up after doing the corner armor/flares. It was setting a bit tail low so I ordered the spacers back in March…

Image1665969403.426568.jpg
Image1665969421.713845.jpg
Image1665969433.768521.jpg

Wire wheeled and needle scaled my frame and under my tub and painted it all.

Image1665969478.031686.jpg
Image1665969487.319034.jpg
Image1665969496.208233.jpg

I also cleaned up and painted my front fenders body color. I’ve been wanting to do this for quite awhile. Both projects actually.

Back