Jeep Wrangler Wiring Diagram - 97 TJ

97teejay

Does anybody have or know where I can find on the internet a wiring diagram for a 97 Jeep Wrangler? My interior lights managed to short out (always fun seeing sparks when your driving, the power wire's insulation got rubbed off teh metal bracket for the light)

Anyways get this, the fuse is fine but now none of my interior lights work, so i checked the fuse, it was ok, checked power at the fuse - none. Pulled the back side of the fuse panel - no power for the interior lights. So i need to figure out where the fuse panel gets it's power for the interior lights. Off the interior lights fuse i have one solid black wire on one leg and a black with yellow tracer on the other leg.

Any help or direction is much appreciated!!!!

Is there another fuse block under the hood that has a blown fuse?

I couldn't find a free diagram on the web, you could try some place like this:
Automotive Wiring Diagrams
but I'd probably buy a hayes or chilton from the local auto parts place.

Wow, my bad, figured it out!! Thanks Terry for reminding me about the secondary fuse box. to be honest i completly forgot about it, i had been pulling the door switch fuse behind the glove box but what i realized is that is protected on the ground circuit (had full continuity with ground) so it never has power going thru it, whoops. So when the light shorted out it managed to blow that 10 amp (fuse panel behind the glove box) and another 10 amp under the hood that protects the hot side. Easy fix, what can i say, i'm a Jeep rookie.

I think i'm still going to pick up a repair manual still, i would have saved a lot of time screwing around if i found out that fuse was for the ground leg.

thanks for all your time!! while i have these lights out, i'm going to switch the interior lights to LED :) Much brighter & don't run so hot.

I have a 97 wrangler and the 2 brake lights aren't working the one in the middle works the bulbs are new any ideas of what the problem could be

thanks

I have a 98' TJ

you probably seen my other post, but my RPM, speedometer, and odometer gauges all go out hitting a bump...

so i was wondering the same thing? where can i get a wiring diagram?

Back