Direction and Temp

Oregon Jeep

My 92 Cherokee has an outside thermometer/compass that only works part of the time. really random. I have checked the wiring and all seems fine. any ideas as to whats going on?

Does the display itself go out completely? Or read an inaccurate temp/direction? If it goes out totally, and the wiring is all good, I'd say it's in the actual display itself. If it reads inaccuratly, I'd say it's the sensor.

But make sure you check the wiring while it's not working. Make sure everything is still getting power even while it's acting up...then you'll know for sure it's not the wiring

The display goes out completely, now if it will quit working when I have the opertunity to check the wiring, It always seems to happen when I'm going somewhere and don't have the time to check it out. Thanks for the input

Ya I would just check your connection real good at the sensor and up at the display. As for checking the actual sensor itself I'm not really sure besides hooking up a new one and seeing if that fixes it

Back