Fusible Links... Where are they!?

Sarobinson426

Okay so dumb move on my part i put the wrong battery in to my jeep and tried to start it and BLAMO I hear a pop, and now there's NO power. The light bulb doesn't come on under the hood even when a good battery is hooked up. I have not power to anything won't click when I try and start no horn NOTHING. I think that it's a FUSIBLE LINK but I'm having the damndest time trying to find them. I mean I don't want to tear apart the entire electrical system in the jeep to find these fusible links. Anyways I love my jeep and want to keep it around a bit longer it's a 1994 Jeep Cherokee Country lifted the whole nine yards. I LOVE it, but now this =*( Does anyone have any ideas (BTW I've already tried replacing the fuses).

I bet you fried the computer, the computrer controls everything just about

Okay so dumb move on my part i put the wrong battery in to my jeep and tried to start it and BLAMO I hear a pop, and now there's NO power. The light bulb doesn't come on under the hood even when a good battery is hooked up. I have not power to anything won't click when I try and start no horn NOTHING. I think that it's a FUSIBLE LINK but I'm having the damndest time trying to find them. I mean I don't want to tear apart the entire electrical system in the jeep to find these fusible links. Anyways I love my jeep and want to keep it around a bit longer it's a 1994 Jeep Cherokee Country lifted the whole nine yards. I LOVE it, but now this =*( Does anyone have any ideas (BTW I've already tried replacing the fuses).

Fusible liinks are usually found close to the source of the power. Either you would have one on the positive cable to the Alternator and or one coming out of the Power distribution center(fuse box) under the hood. Don't forget that you also have another set of fuses on the Passenger side kick panel.

Back