Speaker Recommendation

cwestra

I am looking for a decent set of speakers to replace the originals in my daughters '97 Wrangler. It has the sound bar speakers and the 2 smaller ones in the dash. Is there a decent set for around $100?

Look at www.crutchfield.com

They have a very wide selection and good tech to help you get the most for your money. I have bought quite a bit from them, so don't be afraid to call and get some recommendations from them.

I personally like Infinite KAPPA stuff but they cost more then 100 bucks.

I think the ones I got were Infinity. I can't remember how much they cost, but I haven't blown them up yet and they have stood up well to being exposed to the weather. I have the sound bar and the top off most of the year!

Also, there is an upgrade kit to get some bigger speakers in the dash. I know the stock size is a little hard to hear on the highway with no top/doors!

I like to hear speakers first - I went down to the local best buy and listened to a few - ended up with some Pioneers. They sounded as good as some of the other high end ones (for speakers that small) and cost about half.

I think the ones I got were Infinity. I can't remember how much they cost, but I haven't blown them up yet and they have stood up well to being exposed to the weather. I have the sound bar and the top off most of the year!

It gets pretty cold in the winter where I live, has anyone had any problems with their speakers after sitting through a cold night or in the winter in general? Do you have to be a little more careful, or does the cold have no effect on them?

The cold should not have any effect on the speakers. I live in Colorado and we get nice and cold here in the winter. I will be replacing my speakers in a month or two, I found a set the Kicker makes that comes with the factory wiring plugs on them so you dont have to cut and splice any connectors on the wires. They are also very element resistant. The only draw back is that the Kicker ones are about $100 a pair.

in order of pricing -->
pioneer, alpine, kicker.

in order of quality / performance (IMO) -->
Kicker, Alpine, Pioneer

Avoid sony IMO. My 2006 heep has some sony's in it and it sounds far worst than the pioneers i had placed in my 2006.
And more importantly, MATCH the RMS wattage / ohms.

I have never noticed a difference in performance of audio equipment in variable climates.

Back