New LED tail lights

Bonnie

Just got my new ORO Lite Dots. Very easy installation and they look great.

P4030366-1.jpg

P4030367-1.jpg

Are they as bright as stock? They look alittle dim in the photos.

They are brighter than stock. They actually hurt your eyes to look at them. The sun was just shining on the back of the jeep in that pic. I'll try to get night time pics.

Just ordered some LED replacements for my YJ. I always hated the big cans sticking out back. So I am going to redesign my tail lights with the new setup and make everything flush mount. The lights just posted here look great. The guy that works on my car has them on his jeep and they are awesome. I made him aluminum rings because he wanted them encased in something polished. I agree that they are a bit pricey. Another thing that stopped me from getting them was that all the lights are resin enclosed (resin molded) so if one light goes bad there is no way to remove it and replace it. I will hate it to spend that kind of money and with my luck, mine will be the ones going bad.... Other than that, they are great looking. When I get around to do mine, I will post them here but it will be a while.... Too busy making parts for everyone else!!

I wanted to Flush mount mine, but couldn't afford the lights. so I found a place with the led's, but they are still the big cans. looks good though. I like these you have . Nice jeep to. Love the sticker..

I wanted to Flush mount mine, but couldn't afford the lights. so I found a place with the led's, but they are still the big cans. looks good though. I like these you have . Nice jeep to. Love the sticker..

I have purchase a set from EBay that has only the lens and the LEDs. You are supposed to take the original lens cover off, plug the connectors into the bulb sockets screw the new lens on. Very cool and super bright. When I get home, I am going to make the new cans that will only be about 1/2" thick and have rounded edges to hide away the thickness. They are going to mount on the original holes so I am not going to need to cut out anything. It helps that I own a machine shop......:shades:
Check out my billet windshield brackets for the YJ and CJ . I also posted some pics of the battery boxes that I make.

Back