What kind of Stereo do you have in your JEEP?

hermesgrafix

I just wanted to make a post to see what everyone has in their rigs for the Music. I love my JEEP and Love my music, gotta listen to all that I can to get through the day! I have a 95 and most is stock, I got my System almost done now gonna work on some upgrades. Well here is what I got:
Deck Kenwood KDC-MP435U
Soundbar 4" Kenwood 3 ways (FT Run of Deck)
Rear Kenwood 6X9 5 ways in small boxes (Rear Run of Deck)
Subs Kenwood 10" in Pro-Box
Amp for 10s Kenwood 1000 watt
1.6 Farad Cap, keeps the light dim to nothing
XM Radio Roady 2

Just wanted to see if there was anyone out there that loves their Jeep and Music as much as I love mine!

I'm a fan nice systems, but they don't normally go well with Jeeps. I'm in the process of redoing mine now - still looking for the sweet spot between good sound and saving space

I've got a pioneer head unit with ipod controlls

I'm running a custom box in my rear seat (the box is built into the bottom seat cushion of my rear seat). It's got a Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" sub.

I'm going to upgrade my amp in the near future - I'm currently running a huge old school Phoenix Gold amp that's just laying loose in the back - I'm looking for something smaller that I can tuck away.

Last edited:
Mine's a boat radio that landed in my hands from a buddy at work after my CD player went kaputz. No CD now, but it has an input jack that my MP3 will plug into, so good enough.

Kenwood KMR-330 Marine CD/Reciever, "Memphis" speakers 4x6 front and 5 1/4 in the sound bar as far as the amp I got the "JL Audio" XD400/4
it fits under the drivers seat, it is 8 1/2" by 7 1/8" and is only 2" thick. Great amp no internal fans required because it has a cast alloy heat sink. I water sealed all connections very solid sytem. I mainly went with the upgrade because of road and wind noise, got tired of loud bad sounds and up and down with the volume depending on my speed. Now if I dont turn it down at a red light it sounds great and is perfect in covering up the road and wind noise at high speed. IMO it is a must that a jeep has a good sound system......... unless you just use it when your parked.

i have a kenwood in the cherokee. the wife has a sony explode in her wrangler. the liberty we just sold went with my eclipse and i think i should've pulled it out but it was 8 years old. it worked great but was starting to show its age for reading cds

now, my 87 wrangler has the stock head unit in it. i have a pioneer to put in though but since the antenna is broken off, i am not in a huge rush to put the radio in

Pioneer decks by far best sound boston acoustics by far best sounding speakers.

Kenwood radio with all the iPod and cd changer controls
5 1/4 kenwoods all around
1000w mono kenwood amp
Pioneer subs(yeah i know right?)

Yes in my opinion :D. Seem to take the most punishment to i dunno how many time my pioneer deck has been submergered still works great.

I have a pioneer premier DEH P960 deck, probably about 9 years old and one working clarion pro audio seperate in the dash (other speaker is blown)

other than that, nothing, sold almost everything else off years ago, not really into spending money on stereo stuff anymore for the jeep.

thats how i feel. i still haven't gotten an antenna so i am not worried about it. i ponder why more people don't drive wranglers while i drive..... ha ha ha

Pioneer deck with Boston sr55 speakers front and rear Boston amp powering the speakers and 2 kicker twelves powered by a boston 600 watt amp.

I had this installed Saturday. Alpine CDA-117

Attachments

• alpine.jpg
    alpine.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,984
Last edited by a moderator:
I have boss758dbi stereo with some boss 5.25 300 w 4-way p554c in dash a eq12084 equalizer boss 15" boss subs 5000 w p156dvc 5000w with ol5kd class d amp and a bg 300 digital bass and a 30 30 cap that's it I like music also.
-•||||•-

i know have a pioneer in the wrangler. its ok for me. a little back ground rock music helps everything to be better

I've got a Sony mp3 head unit with a pure dab radio, Infiniti speakers front and rear.

Back