what is the air cut-off thingy?

sweetpeet

im rigging up a air system for my jeep cj5. so needless to say i have a few questions. what is that thing that automatically shuts off the air compressor when it reaches a certain psi? also whats the best way to hold the lines down?

oh and do you think 5 gal is too big for the tank?
Just depends on where you want to mount it. It's a bit large to mount under the jeep, but small if you have room to mount it in the pass. compartment.

Just depends on where you want to mount it. It's a bit large to mount under the jeep, but small if you have room to mount it in the pass. compartment.

well that kinda sucks i kinda wanted to mount it under the jeep, but thats ok. where do you think the best place to mount this on top would be. wheel well?

Any place that sells air compressors will have the pressure cutoff switch. For air tanks weld up a tube bumper that's airtight, weld in a couple 1/4" pipe couplings and you have your air tank. use one front and rear you will have dual tanks

sweetpeet said:
im rigging up a air system for my jeep cj5. so needless to say i have a few questions. what is that thing that automatically shuts off the air compressor when it reaches a certain psi? also whats the best way to hold the lines down?

The the that shuts the compressor down is the pressure switch. If you are installing a Firestone one they normally come with them. Adel clamps work very well for holding the lines down they will not rub through the plastic lines.

Back