5.25" front dash speakers in a TJ

Don't wanna start another thread, but I have a few more questions.
I'm rewiring the sound system due to the horrible excuse for wiring the previous owners did. Can I put in a switch that turns off the amp and subs? How would I go about doing that? Also, does anyone know where to get the stuff that goes around the backs of the speakers to project the sound? Actually putting in those 5.25"s next weekend lol.

I'm guessing the "R/SW" means rear subwoofer? What's does the F mean?

Attachments

• image-1404505230.png
    image-1404505230.png
    615.5 KB · Views: 740

Are you asking what the picture is of? Its a picture of the back of the head unit.

Okay well I just spent about 30 minutes looking for what it could possibly be. You didn't happen to get a manual with that thing did ya? What is the model?

I'm making my own, traded for the saw, about $19, great deal, bought some 16 gauge steel from Home Depot, it's all marked up and ready to go, however I'm leaving for Mexico tomorrow and won't have time to do it. I'll post some pics of how it turns out. I know it wasn't cost effective at all, but I needed an excuse to get some more tools and I'm always looking to learn new things, so this was my chance! :)

PS. I apologize for the numerous grammatical errors within this post! Haha ;)

Finally got around to this project... Built some adapters out of 14 gauge steel, the speakers sound great, if anyone has any questions shoot

Well... I guess most of the process has already been posted, but it'd be nice to see what the adapters, and the finished product look like.

Back