How to properly wire lights.

jackflack44

What exactly are you pulling the power from? Stupid question that I should know, but I don't. If you wire in multiple sets of lights, do you need to upgrade anything? Does anyone have any diagrams?

If you're using multiple sets of lights you probably should upgrade your alternator.For off-road lights I usually run thru a relay.The relay operating voltage can be lower amperage thru the switch(fused) & then the power to the lights should be larger guage wire(fused).
I usually pull power for the control ckt(switch & relay) from the fuse block & then pull power to the lights direct from the battery(with an inline fuse under the hood). Hope that helps.

If you're using multiple sets of lights you probably should upgrade your alternator.For off-road lights I usually run thru a relay.The relay operating voltage can be lower amperage thru the switch(fused) & then the power to the lights should be larger guage wire(fused).
I usually pull power for the control ckt(switch & relay) from the fuse block & then pull power to the lights direct from the battery(with an inline fuse under the hood). Hope that helps.

agree.. even a full time solenoid switch, like what we used to use for driving lights and/or fog lights.. simple switches will not handle the current draw of these high wattage lights, so an on/off is out of the picture.. make sure what ever solenoid, or relay your using has secondary contacts capable of your current draw for the lights..

Back