Dual antenna mounts

TeddESP

So I've recently been looking into getting a cb. I researched antennas and mounting options and really want to go with dual antennas mounted to my mirrors. I've read in A couple places that due to the width of jeeps this isn't probable. I was wondering if any of you run something like this or know anything about it. Thanks in advance! =]

I have dual antennas on the rear of my CJ. One for a CB and the other is for a UHF/VHF radio. The FM antenna is on the factory placement on the right front fender. I just made the bracket that's mounted on the rear tire swing arm.

read this link

If you want good reception be sure you have a good wires, antenna ground and a good part of the antenna is above the roof. You could back track on th elink and get other tec articles form teh link provided.

Weird that you found that too.. I read all about duals yesterday, from jeep forums to the firestik website. Some people use them and they say things are fine, some even know they're bad so just use a dummy one. Firestik stated in the link above that they promoted using dual antennas and now they don't. I would think that they wouldn't lie on something like that cuz it would only Lose them money. I have plans to have 2... But I think one will be a dummy. :p

So with those being for two different radios does it still affect it the same way?

It functions properly and has a good reception. Last year, a friend of mine tuned it with a meter and haven't really showed any reasons for concern. I rarely use the CB unless im on a trail run with other jeepers. I use a 2 way on the ranch.

So what is a VHF radio? Like a cb but better? I only researched cb's but if there's options I'm open to change. :p

So update.. I was reading another forum the other day and saw a few YJ's that had dual cb antenna mounts on the mirrors and they said they had no trouble.. So this leads me to believe that it is possible? I did read the firestik disclaimer thing but maybe there's a combination that works?

Dual antnnas are useless unless they are 9 ft 8 inch apart, even then you wi;; only achieve 360 degree recieve, if you really wanna hear that much trash talk.

Back