Locked radio (stock) on Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 1996.

zaczg

Me again,

I had to remove battery and now my Radio is locked. I found code (4 digits), but when I want to enter it, it says - "Wait 2 hours", because first time I got the wrong code.

So I waited 2 hours, even left my keys in car and unlocked car, but I cant enter code because it always says "Wait".

Is there any procedure for that?

Any help pls? :)

That must be an export model only. I've never seen nor ran into that system before. I looked for the export ESM but it doesn't show anything, sorry.

My brother owned a honda and the radio was in lockout mode. His had to be running for 2 hours for the code input to show up again. Not sure if its the same, but the honda dealer said it had to be running. Whaddya got to lose besides some gas?

Tear it out and put an aftermarket deck in!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Jeepz

wow......again...things designed to make YOU the user more dependent on the dealerships.....

open the radio and pull out the watch battery that holds the memory on the motherboard. wait like 10 seconds...reinstall/reconnect.... enter default code 1111 and be done with this nonsense. If the default code is wrong look it up on line using your VIN.

what I would do??? scrap that factory POS and install an Alpine.

Hey guys, thanks for the tips :)

I entered Code with my key in ignition for 2 hours and radio on "ON". :)

Well, I know I can remove this radio, but its so retro :), I love it. I enoy my V8 sound, so i dont need fancy stereo :)

Back