possessed alarm, help?

WillisJK08

JK 08 has a mind of its own. The alarm will go off randomly, even while driving. There seems to be no apparent reason for this and the check engine light will come on then go off again. All the doors lock, wipers go full speed and the horn blares. Turned the engine off with the key, pulled key out and jeep was still running. Once it gets finished things seem to go back to "normal". Is this a bad cpu or short in the wiring? Any help would be appreciated!

I am amazed at these reports. New is not better. I am so retro I cannot imagine this whatsoever, and in a "Jeep", so called, nonetheless. Wow. I have nothing to offer, obviously, and so sorry you are having trouble with your "Jeep".....

Robert

Take it to a dealer. Sounds like the WCM (Wireless control module) is faulty. Have them verify the DTC's are all pointing towards the WCM. THe WCM module needs to be programmed by build configuration and the security pin also needs to be transferred to the new module via chrysler scantool when it's replaced.

Check your battery and it's connections. I had an aftermarket alarm go nuts when the battery was going bad.

Thank you all for the help. I checked all fuses again and undid the battery for a while and it seems to be ok. Will go by the dealership soon though to have them check the WCM. thanks once again!

Hi there I'm new around here, not sure where to post this, I have a Jeep Cherokee 1998 model with an immobiliser would like to know how to bypass the alarm the light goes from solid to blinking with ign switched on, but engine doesn't crank override the clutch pedal sensor but to no avail is this the immobiliser or what else can I check?

Back