Fog light hook up?

prariepunk

So I was doing a little looking around on the front of my Jeep & found plugs (one on each side) hidden inside my grille... I believe they're for fog lights... they have power to them when I turn on my head lights... can anybody confirm?

Attachments

• SANY1107.JPG
    SANY1107.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 557
  • SANY1108.JPG
    SANY1108.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 488

I have fog lights and they are connected under the fenders closest to the front blinkers. I do have one of those plugs on the driver side but I'm not sure what it is for. I'd have to dig a bit to see if there is one on the passenger side.

Also, the fog lights have their own switch wired to a seperate relay that takes a signal off of the low beams. Do you have the fog light relay installed?

I used a voltage meter to test the wires & it registered power when the head lights were on... I don't know about the relay though... I have another plug on the passenger side too

Last edited:

I'm not sure what they are for. I looked again yesterday when doing some other work and I do have two. In the under the hood power distribution the fuse 19 and relay position 32 are for FOG lights. Given you have switched power up front and work with the headlights you could use that for signaling a relay for additional fog or driving lights.

Where did you learn it's for temp sensors??
And are planning on using them or just curious?

Back