Audio Questions...

Chpage07

I'm new here so I'll introduce myself first. (Sorry if this is all in the wrong place)

My name is Wade and I'm on my 3rd Jeep. I now have an 04 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. I have it lifted to fit 35s (But have 33s so I can still drive it daily), Oversized TBI, Cold Air, and a chipset. I don't plan on doing much more to the overall drive-train until I have it payed off. I've also had a 81 CJ5 and a 95 YJ Wrangler.

This is my first nice Jeep and mostly a daily driver with the occasional mudding and wheeling. Like I said, I'm still paying it off and don't want to destroy it yet. ha The military doesn't pay well enough for me to fix it everyday.

What I'm currently trying to do is order all the items to do an audio system upgrade. I don't really know what I'm doing though, I've never had to do much past replacing a cheap factory speaker with another cheap speaker.

I'm looking at these components;

This to replace the center console sub that's blown out.
Stealth-POD enclosures (Goes on the tailgate with a 400W amp, I will disconnect the factory console speaker)

These to replace my sound bar speakers that are starting to go.
Pole Audio DXi525 5-1/4'' 2-way

These to replace my dash speakers that have gone.
Infinity Kappa 462.9cfp 4''x6'' 2-way

This to replace my stock radio
Kenwood Excelon KDC-X396 CD Receiver

I know the adapter plates and odd ends that I will need, that site is actually accurate at providing them from what I understand.

Which leaves my questions;
Do I need an AMP? How much would I need?
Am I missing any other essential items that will shock me when I go to install it all?

Any help will be greatly appreciated and once again I apologize if this is in the wrong area of the forums; I looked but didn't see any better place.

*EDIT* I tried to post links but it won't let me until I get 5 posts.

Welcome to Jeepz.com Wade.

The head unit looks good - it's got ipod controls and subwoofer outputs.

I assume the stealthpod you mentioned is this:
Select Increments 40473 - Select Increments Stealth-Pod for 76-12 Jeep® CJ-7, CJ-8 Scrambler, Wrangler YJ, TJ, Unlimited, JK & Unlimited JK - Quadratec

It looks like a great setup! You'll need to keep the tailgate locked to keep the sub from getting stolen, but it's a nice and compact setup.

As to what you'll need, I'd think you'll need a good amp install kit. Amp wiring from the battery (I like to include a fuse close to the battery), as well as RCA cables, etc.

You'll have to post photos of your install - I'm interested in how your system sounds after you finish.

That is the exact sound pod I'm looking at. That one has a better description and actually answered one of my questions. The amp it comes with isn't inside the box so I can use that amp to power the rest of my speakers also. I have been trying to plan it with security in mind, I already have a lock box around my trunk that I keep a lot of my Army crap in when I don't want it stolen in parking lots.

I'll for sure take pictures and post about how it goes and any little tweaks I have to do to make that all fit in.

Thanks for your help.

Back