2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Power Window will not go up or down

Jeeperscreeper

Hi I am new to this forum:
I have a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the other night I put the pass side window down which when I did it went down slowly, I only opened it half way! Now when I went to close it the window would not close or open any longer. When i move the switch up or down the window will move just a little in either direction but that is it! I am wondering if maybe it is stuck or something jammed inside of it?
Any help with this would be great.
Thank you!

If you can hear the motor running but wouldn't move the glass on the window, you will need to remove the door panel and inspect the window and regulator/ motor assembly. These are cable driven pulleys by a 12v motor. If a section of the cable is damaged, you will need to replace the assembly and likewise if the motor is burnt out. If you help the glass down with one hand and use the other hand to push the down button for the window and the window moves like its tight, check the window channels for debris or a misaligned glass could also get stuck at times. If you verify that there's nothing wrong there, replace the window regulator/ motor assembly.

Back