Need help with Installing fog lights

Justice035

Are all 06 TJ's pre-wired for fog lights? I checked under the wheel well but not sure what I'm looking for. I will have to wire it to a dash switch. I would greatly appreciate a write-up.

Attachments

• image-3373666233.jpg
    image-3373666233.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 432
  • image-2278793526.jpg
    image-2278793526.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 350

If you're looking for a dash switch, then check out these - they are cheap and look stock
Jeep TJ Wrangler 1997 2006 Fog Running Light Switch | eBay

As a side note, Mopar sells some aftermarket kits to let you wire in Factory lights. It's more expensive than just getting some KC lights, but I bet you end up with much nicer looking wiring (heck, it even includes a new light switch for the steering column).

2003 2006 Wrangler TJ Fog Lights Kit Jeep New | eBay

!ByEmn4QBmk~$(KGrHqEOKi8Ev-20F36UBMQMM)tnH!~~_3.JPG

Last edited:
I just went out and looked on my 2005, and there's a fog light connector in the wheel well. It looks the same as the ones in your photos.

I'm surprised that it's there - I've got the base model TJ without fog lights.

Excellent! Thanks so much for taking the time to help. I ordered the Mopar lights; just waiting on snail mail

My 2002 has wiring for a rear window wiper (switch connector and connector at rear tailgate), but from what I can tell, it never came with one. Maybe they use a standard harness to simplify the line. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what I can use that wiring for.

Back