Sound bar watts?

Hello fellow jeeperz. so today i bought some new speakers (link bellow) and i didn't look up the wattage for the sound bar before i bought it. I saw that they were the sizes that can fit in my sound bar but didn't check anything else. I tried looking for the wattage but had no luck. Does anyone know the sound bar watts? :???:

These speakers are 221 watts max power.

Thanks for any help.

Amazon.com: Pioneer - TS-G1644R - Full Range Car Speakers: Car Electronics

The sound bar isn't what puts out the power - you instead want to look at your stereo (which is what powers your speakers / sound bar). Are you using the stock stereo in your Jeep? If so, what year?

How do you expect to hear anything with the top and doors off anyways? New music all sounds the same and the old music isn't played anymore and if you're like me and listen to conservative talk radio, you'll just get angry and the foolishness of the liberals. Buy a flow master and listen to it. $.02

These are 250w speakers. This means you could drive them with an amp with 250w per channel.

And being they have a sensitivity of 91db you will get decent sound with a stock radio.

Just be sure to get adapters from stock to blade or be sure to get the polarity correct. Otherwise it will not sound good at all.

www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12724_Metra-72-6512.html

These should be a marked improvement over stock. As for the talk radio comment, good 3-way speakers with good sensitivity will improve your listening.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have a new stereo in there that was installed when i bought it. Sorry guys im a huge noob when it comes to audio. do i have to get a amp then for this separately?

I have a new stereo in there that was installed when i bought it. Sorry guys im a huge noob when it comes to audio. do i have to get a amp then for this separately?
You don't have to get one. The high sensitivity will allow for less power to drive them sufficiently. I run similar 3way speakers off the stock head unit.

You don't have to get one. The high sensitivity will allow for less power to drive them sufficiently. I run similar 3way speakers off the stock head unit.

Well I wont be listening to any talk radio unless im trying to torture my friends. It will mainly be stuff with a lot of bass. Going to get a sub woofer too soon. Have a friend hooking me up with that. Thanks a lot btw the speakers just got in today time to test them out.

Just be sure to get adapters from stock to blade or be sure to get the polarity correct. Otherwise it will not sound good at all.

www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12724_Metra-72-6512.html

That's a really good tip, and I wish that I had done this myself. I cut the wires and put blade style terminals on them - it was much more of a pain than expected, mainly because the wires ended up being so short that there wasn't any room to work.

That's a really good tip, and I wish that I had done this myself. I cut the wires and put blade style terminals on them - it was much more of a pain than expected, mainly because the wires ended up being so short that there wasn't any room to work.

Yeah i wish i ordered these earlier. I found the correct wiring on a website my friend sent me called the12volt.com great site for electronics and stuff. But its not as loud as i want them to be. So does this mean i need an amp? the factory and the new ones both crackle at high volumes. do i need an amp for these?

the12volt.com is a great site. Do you know what brand speakers are in the soundbar? The 250w is peak power but your aftermarket deck is only putting out maybe 22-25 watts per channel. If you want better sound quality and louder you would need an amp. If you are looking at putting in a sub you will need 2 amps or one 4 channel amp and run the sub off of 2 of those and the other speakers off the other 2. You are looking at a lot of work ahead.

Back