ECM Help

prescotte

My ecm on my 91 wrangler is burned up. Got a replacement, but need the wiring harness that plugs in to it. Would a 4.0 cherokee plug work, or even another yj year model plug work?

Hey ! Welcome to Jeepz.com ! Not having a lot of luck confirming whether an ecm from cherokee will fit, will try to get,a pic of the engine controller from my 1992 jeep XJ to confirm these ecm will or will not work . Greg92jeep

image.jpgThese are photos of the engine controller ( ecm) from my 1992 jeep cherokee. To my knowledge , 91' - '95 OBD1 4.0 ltr jeeps should use the same ecm's , albeit different service codes as per application such as different engine build (H.O.) , fuel system , ignition system , etc. .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 14
Hoping the photos in my last post will help you to see what the ECM from a cherokee looks like and if it is the same as yours with regress to the harness connector you need to salvage to make the repair to your jeep . Hope,this helps . Any questions you may have , please feel free to post them and the membership shall try to assist you . Thank you for your membership and thank you for choosing our forum.

Your best bet on the wiring harness is a junkyard. You will need to get the one that goes to the replacement ECU then splice it into the old ECU wiring per wiring diagram. IF you got an ECU that goes to a different model Jeep, and try to plug it into your Jeep by re wirirng the ECU , there's a good chance that you will have issues and it might not even run correctly after all the headaches. Whats wrong with the current ECU connector?

Back