Hi

joycelily

I am new and I was looking for a good Audio for my jeep. Any one could tell me what differences there are between a jeep and a car when I choose a Audio?

Well Jeeps are pretty noisy inside so you want a unit that with some power and speakers to match. Speed sensitive volume control would be nice, but might be hard to find in an aftermarket unit.

If you take the top off, or if you have a soft top, the Jeep is not very secure. So consider a unit with a removable face plate that you can take off and lock up or take with you, essentially rendering the radio useless to anyone looking to pull the body.

Sound bars mounted to the roll bar are a popular way to install speakers that are out of the way.

Stock jeep speakers are poor to begin with. Depending on how much you want to spend up front at least start by getting good speakers. Good speakers with high (above 90) sensitivity will allow you to run them off your stock radio until you decide if you want a amp (and where to put it).

Personally I put 5 1/4 4-way speakers up front and 6 1/2 3-way in the pods. Then I added a powered sub that fits under the rear seat. Better but not a sound stage.

Well Jeeps are pretty noisy inside so you want a unit that with some power and speakers to match. Speed sensitive volume control would be nice, but might be hard to find in an aftermarket unit.

If you take the top off, or if you have a soft top, the Jeep is not very secure. So consider a unit with a removable face plate that you can take off and lock up or take with you, essentially rendering the radio useless to anyone looking to pull the body.

Sound bars mounted to the roll bar are a popular way to install speakers that are out of the way.

The information provided is very useful.... Thanks for sharing

Back