2nd (or 3rd) hand PIAA fog lights

Turbogus

Hi gang, I lucked into these old PIAA H3's and I'm wondering if anyone may know the model no.
I'm hoping to find replacement lens and reflectors. They don't appear on the PIAA site.

13975008864_c8b30cce78_c.jpg13974563625_77b35d4ccb_c.jpg13994561553_48746d64a3_c.jpg

Also if someone can give me a line on what adhesive for the lens would be approapriate. In cleaning these up, one of the lens popped out.

Thanks and a lift of the lynch lid.
Gus

Last edited:
Thanks Terry, these are similar but not the same critter. I polished the lens and they came out okay. The sticky gasket is white in color and I'm wondering if there's some kind of sticky RTV like substance that can stick these lens back on.

Since sending two emails from the contact us link for PIAA and receiving no response over two days I called 'em yesterday and they said to use Gorilla Glue to affix the lens to the body of these lights. I've used Gorilla Glue before and am dubious about its sealing properties. Any other reccomendations would be welcome.

Will you ever need to get them apart again? That may be part of the thinking - you could put 3m molding adhesive or something like that on it, but it'll never come off.

Thanks Terry, it looks like access to reach the bulb is through the back of these lights by means of 2 pair of #2 phillips screws. However if I need to clean the lens again it'd be nice to be able to field strip them again. Another forum's post reccomended butyl rope, but I've found it too messy and hard to handle in such a small application. I did finally receive an email from PIAA "Thank you for contacting us. You will need to use a silicone adhesive or some kind of flexible epoxy". Okaaaayyyyy as there are several makers and each has more than a couple of products I think I need a tighter reccomendation.
confused.png
GE silicone adhesive? Permatex RTV? Devcon Plastic Welder?

Last edited:
Just a thought, In a lot of hardware stores, they have small blocks of epoxy that you mush together to activate then push it into stuff like a thick putty.
You may also be able to chip it back out if needed, in the future.
I have only used this stuff once, but it does hang on well, and is strong.

I just got another email from PIAA "That is an old school P-1000 lamp. We no longer have any bulbs for that lamp. You can try and search the web for some part number is 13355. As far as a specific sealant I would go with and epoxy it will have better strength than an RTV".
So it looks like I need to find a high endurance epoxy now, if I choose inkeeping with PIAA's reccomendation.

Well, I picked up some Loctite Instant Mix 5 minute Epoxy. It came with two funneled tubes so to lay a very small bead. I tested on one of these lights and laid the bead around the perimeter as according to the label this stuff fills gaps. I let it set overnight and it seemed to work well. Going to seal with RTV just in case of water penetration in the infamous PacNW rain.

Turbogus, I hope the lights don't get too hot. Most epoxy will start to fall apart at 170 deg. F.

If you see any problems, JB weld will go higher.
Another would be silicone rubber, heck it gets harder with heat.

Back