Could I put a JK stereo in my 2001 wrangler?

michstate88

I know how stupid this sounds, but I have reasoning! I want an aux and better quality but hate aftermarket radios. I found ome for sale for under $100 and I am thinking about buying it. I will be adding an amp and a sub to the setup as well via LOC. I have confirmed it will fit, but I have no idea about wiring and their possible changes in between 01-07. I care more about aesthetics than quality. My current setup is a stock HU that is in terrible condition and a blown stock sub. So anything, really is an upgrade!

It's possible. Aftermarket radio installers will have to install a communication module if needed . The 01 is a PCI communication vs. Can bus communication on the 07. The only thing though is the Can bus radios are theft lock equipped.

Sent from my iPad using Jeepz

It's possible. Aftermarket radio installers will have to install a communication module if needed . The 01 is a PCI communication vs. Can bus communication on the 07. The only thing though is the Can bus radios are theft lock equipped.

Sent from my iPad using Jeepz

Thank you for such a quick response! This is just for bluetooth capability, correct? If so, this is totally doable!

So I have been doing some extra digging and I have come across the biggest isse; wiring. I got a picture of the wiring harness for my stereo and the one for the 2007-2010(ish) stereo. They are attached. I just can not find a complete new wiring harness kit. I have found the right plugin on amazon but not the middle or left. Here is a link to what I found: Amazon.com : Stereo Wire Harness Jeep Wrangler 07 08 09 10 11 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 (car radio wiring installation parts) : Vehicle Wiring Harnesses : Car Electronics . If there is another way to go about this or if you find the fitting harness, please respond below! I could seriously use some help... Might end up going to a cartoys!
'01 2001 stereo.jpg'082008 stereo.JPG

Back