small cb radio

BGB

Im looking for a small cb radio with weather channel capability that I can move between my motorhome and JKUR. Small for ease of mounting. The Cobra 75WXST seems to to get a lot of bad reviews. Can I get some input and advice from some of you with experience? Uniden makes some compact units, but they do not get weather channels.

My cobra 75 is 8 years old and still works great!
cb.JPG

cba.jpg

I think mine is a Cobra hand held, portable that I move from Jeep to Jeep. It's rechargable or plug it into the cigar lighter.Came in a box with the unit, charger, rechargable batt. pack, and another batt. holder that I put rechargable batts. in. Weather, emergency and you can run an external antenna to it if you want.

The Cobra 75WXST gets a bad wrap because it's a noisy CB. Plagued from picking up electronic noise. It does work and will throw a signal just as far as the rest.

At one time I used a handheld. Outside the jeep it does well. Inside the soft top it goes a few hundred feet. Add a tuned antenna and it does better.

Thanks for your reply's. I live in southern California where the NOA channels are not that important. Last year I was in Colorado without a cb and the weather came up very fast. I'm going back again this year, so I definitely want to be able to access the NOA channels.

I have a small one mounted by the sun visor. I take the doors off a lot and it make a big difference.

I use the Cobra C 75 WX ST and it works fine. It take no space hardly at all and they are inexpensive enough that you can just mount one in each vehicle and avoid the swap hassle. Mine is paired with a Fire Stick that is about 48" long and it gets out pretty good.[h=1][/h]

Back