Single DIN stereo

Mtpockets

I bought a pioneer single din stereo to install in my '80 CJ7. I knew I would have to cut the dash and build a bracket to hold it. After receiving the radio from Amazon I took some measurements and found that I couldn't mount it in the factory slot because it will hit my defrost hose knocking it off the duct. My next plan is to make a light gauge metal box and mount it under dash and blank out the factory hole. I'm open to any ideas for good clean mounting of a newer radio. Pictures would be a plus. Thanks in advance.

I've got a Pioneer AM/FM/CD installed in a single din cutout on 'Black Betty' my '78 CJ and while it's tight I was able to manouver stuff behind the dash to install it. I does take some fiddling though.

The stereo I have is 61/2" deep and I have 51/2" from the dash panel to the defrost hose. I suppose I could squeeze the hose down a bit and make it work. I'll be looking at it this weekend.

As I recall I did have to minimally indent the defroster hose but at that it wasn't enough to impart the deformance of the defrosters ;)

s-l225.jpgrugged-ridge_security_console_stereo.jpg

Sent from my SGP561 using Jeepz.com mobile app

Pioneer-MVH-X560BT-Digital-Media-Receiver-Rear.jpg

It doesn't hang out the back of the chassis. I used the pioneer mvh-560bt. Plenty of rca Jacks for amplifiers. I recommend this type of stereo. It's lighter so it can't bounce around as easy won't break, not fumbling looking for cd's possibly getting in accident. Just plug a USB stick in or blue tooth to your phone music. Simple

those new short radios are cool. I have one in my son's car. when we were looking at radios, I asked him if he had any cds. he said no so we bought that cd less radio and what a great deal it is, no more cramming the radio in and trying to make the wires fit smoothly in behind it. now you have a mess of room to just push them in. my truck will get one if the current radio ever dies.

IMG_0790.JPGThis is what I finally did to get my radio installed. I don't keep music on my phone So the blue tooth devices wasn't really what I wanted.

Does that stereo have a USB port. If it does you can load a bunch of mp3 music on memory stick or small flash drive, run a USB wire to glove box or under the dash and have a ton of music at your finger tips. The stereo will read and display all your music

I think you can fit about 70 to 80 mp3 songs on one single layer cd if you want to burn them.

I do this. I love having a few MP3 CDs in the jeep. I find it easier than trying to play music off my phone (although I do like the blu-tooth option).

Back