01 Grand engine wiring question

classy_gene

I recently acquired a 01 Grand that the motor was already taken out. I have put another motor in it buy can not figure out where two of the plugs go! They are both 4 pin yellow square plugs on drivers side. One on top of the intake behind the air intake and the other one drivers side at front of engine. Pics attached, Thanks!!

Attachments

• KIMG2099.jpg
    KIMG2099.jpg
    953.1 KB · Views: 23
  • KIMG2100.jpg
    KIMG2100.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 31
  • KIMG2102.jpg
    KIMG2102.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 22

They are o2 sensor plugs. The 99-04 i6 motor has 2 more o2 sensors on the exhaust manifold. The manifold has 2 pre-catalytic converter units built in as well. The reason for this is because jeep also reduced the size of the exhaust ports on the heads to help the engine/precat/o2sensor system to warm up faster.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Jeepz.com mobile app

They are o2 sensor plugs. The 99-04 i6 motor has 2 more o2 sensors on the exhaust manifold. The manifold has 2 pre-catalytic converter units built in as well. The reason for this is because jeep also reduced the size of the exhaust ports on the heads to help the engine/precat/o2sensor system to warm up faster.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Jeepz.com mobile app

Thanks! I figured what the connections were for. I guess that is what I get for working on it after being held over at work all night.

Back